newbie gathering Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agee with u. I wait until both model came out first and have a touch and feel. Then get 1. Currently I will continue using my "vomit blood" Olympus Sp550us..:bsmilie: I dun have a good faith to buy 2nd hand...:(

Wait longer for any problems on both cameras to be ironed out. For the time being, enjoy taking pictures on your "vomit blood" SP550UZ. In what way does it make you vomit blood?

May be tempted if 2nd-hand D200 drops under $1600 ;p

SP550UZ sometime cant focus at all or slow even in the day. The noise level for nite shoot are bad. I notice it can't really focus on black colors, even if it can, high noise.. But there are good things for this cam as well.

I almost wanted to get D200 with kit at one point. But, knowing that new better models for both N & C are coming. So I halt first.

Thank you guys, for all the good advice. :thumbsup: I really appreciate all these good points and views. I have read the specs of these 2 models everywhere...it seems endless.. :angel::sweat:

A good cam should be able to produce good pics. Fast, sharp, no noise at any ISO, heavy duty, good pics day and night, and cheap:bsmilie:. All kinds of functions and new features are only there to further assist the photograher for easy taking of photos. Of cos photographer is the main source to capture good pics.:bsmilie:

haha....good camera not necessary means good picture......its the person behind it....it doesn't means best parts means best performance...its how the person utilise it and maximise its potential.....

but then.....as i read....i found out u corrected yourself......to a certain extent -.-

wad randius said is quite true....get a camera+decent zoom lens+bag+dry box/cabinet and start shooting....u will learn thru experiences....well...i think u shld join the outing since u have read so much specs and still dunno wad to get.....i believe during the outing sure got a good mix of canon and nikon for u to see

The Nikon D300 and D3 are out. vomit blood pricing too! :bsmilie:

The Nikon D300 and D3 are out. vomit blood pricing too! :bsmilie:

Yeah.... but D3 is now the only 3rd Dslr camera in the world that does full frame.... after 1d Mk I and 5D..... :D

Hello..all,

I am looking to get my first DSLR soon, 40D or D300?:dunno: Please give some suggestion for me btw these 2? I like to shoot fast & sharp. Shoot anything that is nice like you guys....heheh.... I have read all the specification of these 2 models. Seem to me they got their pros and cons. 1 time invest abt 3-4K not sure enough for a start. I am not going to eat grass also:bsmilie: Help.......:sweat:

I am looking into getting 1 DSLR + 3 lens + 1 Flash + Grip + some acessories.
Maybe it looks like I need to push up to 4.5k - 5k..:sweat: Looks like going to eat grass.....:bsmilie:

I think you will need to pump in 5 to 6K instead.

I think you will need to pump in 5 to 6K instead.

Wow... 5-6K.... SP550UZ..... grass is now too $$$$ for you. just eat air and stand under the sun for food for you... hahaha :bsmilie:

Haha... Nevermind, for the 'mistake' that you forgot to put your nick in the list, you are then to pose as model for the rest of us to shoot. Haha... :bsmilie:

Just kidding hor... ;)

i think u should remember not all girls look like model.. i never know how to pose.. hahahaa:bsmilie:

Hahaha.... welcome !! Don't scare got no camera or tripod..... like last time, someone will have a 'spare' one around if any.... Err.... female needs one. ;):D

oh... u mean i dun really need to bring my cam or tripod? that sounds very nice to be a female here!! ;)

oh... u mean i dun really need to bring my cam or tripod? that sounds very nice to be a female here!! ;)

Hahaha... only if ''Mr Ixus'' is going on this gathering.... hahaha :bsmilie:

Quote: skyraider
haha....good camera not necessary means good picture......its the person behind it....it doesn't means best parts means best performance...its how the person utilise it and maximise its potential.....

but then.....as i read....i found out u corrected yourself......to a certain extent -.-

wad randius said is quite true....get a camera+decent zoom lens+bag+dry box/cabinet and start shooting....u will learn thru experiences....well...i think u shld join the outing since u have read so much specs and still dunno wad to get.....i believe during the outing sure got a good mix of canon and nikon for u to see

I will decide what to get among these 2 model when they are out. 1st priority, Nosie level and Speed. I am sure the rest of the specs like (sharpness and focusing ...etc) should not be a problem with today's technology. Additional new features are good to have but secondary.

I am learning and shooting very hard everyday with my "vomit blood". Still this cam do the job as for now.

I will be joining this outing as well. After the 1st outing, not only is fun but I have learned alot from all. Great sharing experiance! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::bsmilie:

Are you guys going to Marina Bay this wkends for the water fest 2007?

Ai... cannot make it for the water fest. Got lesson on Saturday and must "pa-tou" on Sunday ;p

i think u should remember not all girls look like model.. i never know how to pose.. hahahaa:bsmilie:
And who say must be those girls that look like model then can pose for photos? Hehe..

Nevermind if you don't know how to pose, that's why we newbies will 'guide' you and help you to pose like a model. Haha.... :bsmilie:

hopefully this time got more girls, else must get sp550 to pose for us.

btw, sp550, its time to pick up a cheap 30D now! what u waiting for? unless of coz you want the 2 extra mp and live view, then can wait for 40D.

me waiting for 7D or 5DmkII. dunno when leh..

and remember to take group photo before everyone start to drift away.

Not to forget 2nd-hand D200 also gonna fall in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.