newbie doubt on Nikon D5100

or just do a search on youtube for "nikon d5100" and pick a video thats 20 minutes or longer; those tend to be more indepth and will tell you almost everything you need to know about your camera =)

The manual which I got with the camera didnt had these information. I mean I couldnt find though. only after some forum members informed about Nikon US site, I came across the lengthy manual which contains all the information
So for a newbie to guide him through, i guess need inputs from experienced people like you, if you treat it as spoon feed, then I am sorry for the question I put forth

The manual which I got with the camera didnt had these information. I mean I couldnt find though. only after some forum members informed about Nikon US site, I came across the lengthy manual which contains all the information
So for a newbie to guide him through, i guess need inputs from experienced people like you, if you treat it as spoon feed, then I am sorry for the question I put forth
I noticed that some other products only come with printed quick start manual and the complete manual is on the software CD in the box (for environmental purposes). Did you check there? It would be very surprising that Nikon stopped this and expects users to download the full manual. But if it's really the case then good to know for us here so that we can point people in the right direction.

I noticed that some other products only come with printed quick start manual and the complete manual is on the software CD in the box (for environmental purposes). Did you check there? It would be very surprising that Nikon stopped this and expects users to download the full manual. But if it's really the case then good to know for us here so that we can point people in the right direction.

In any case, in this time and age, searching and downloading any form of information regarding your new camera (or any other products, electronic or otherwise) be it manuals or spec sheets or user guides should be a common practice. Of course there's forums like this, just be prepared to be blasted by seniors who feels that you want to b spoonfed...

Every Nikon camera body should come with a user manual and a quick start guide. Did you get the camera used?

Last edited: