Newbie asking question

Bukitimah

Nov 28, 2010
Singapore
Hi, I know I should read more before asking but I am sure many of you have past this phase in your quest on photography. Just want some jump start.

I think I will be likely to be looking at Canon but I am not sure what is the real difference between the 550D and 5000. For Canon, as the number goes lower, like 450D, it is a lower model?

Hi, I know I should read more before asking but I am sure many of you have past this phase in your quest on photography. Just want some jump start.

I think I will be likely to be looking at Canon but I am not sure what is the real difference between the 550D and 5000. For Canon, as the number goes lower, like 450D, it is a lower model?

Guess u r comparing between 550D and 500D instead of 5000??

Anyway, the bigger the number means it is a newer version of the same series ( in your case the XXXD series)... not lower model... haha

For differences between 550D and 500D,you can just google it...

If you have the budget, just go for 550D.:) All the best!

.... I am not sure what is the real difference between the 550D and 5000. For Canon, as the number goes lower, like 450D, it is a lower model?

as the number goes lower, like 450D, it is an OLDER model.

Welcome to CS . . . ;)

Hi, thank you for those tips but the numbers will take a while to learn. Will be keeping up and buy my Christmas present this year

It is not about the numbers ... it is about the knowledge of taking a good picture.

Regardless of camera, you should be able to start your journey. If a professional can use a compact camera, does it mean that the camera is good or the photographer is good?

A journey of a million miles begin with a single step. Get a camera, and start shooting. Start putting into practice what you've read.

May the Force be with you. Cheers!