Newbie asking question

Bukitimah

Nov 28, 2010
Singapore
Hi, I know I should read more before asking but I am sure many of you have past this phase in your quest on photography. Just want some jump start.

I think I will be likely to be looking at Canon but I am not sure what is the real difference between the 550D and 5000. For Canon, as the number goes lower, like 450D, it is a lower model?

Sep 14, 2006
Hi, I know I should read more before asking but I am sure many of you have past this phase in your quest on photography. Just want some jump start.

I think I will be likely to be looking at Canon but I am not sure what is the real difference between the 550D and 5000. For Canon, as the number goes lower, like 450D, it is a lower model?
Guess u r comparing between 550D and 500D instead of 5000??

Anyway, the bigger the number means it is a newer version of the same series ( in your case the XXXD series)... not lower model... haha

cleonbus

Deregistered
Nov 18, 2006
Kuala Lumpur

For differences between 550D and 500D,you can just google it...

photokit

Nov 13, 2010
Singapore

If you have the budget, just go for 550D.:) All the best!

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
.... I am not sure what is the real difference between the 550D and 5000. For Canon, as the number goes lower, like 450D, it is a lower model?
as the number goes lower, like 450D, it is an OLDER model.

Bukitimah

Nov 28, 2010
Singapore
Hi, thank you for those tips but the numbers will take a while to learn. Will be keeping up and buy my Christmas present this year

dingaroo

Dec 6, 2009
Singapore | East
It is not about the numbers ... it is about the knowledge of taking a good picture.

Regardless of camera, you should be able to start your journey. If a professional can use a compact camera, does it mean that the camera is good or the photographer is good?

A journey of a million miles begin with a single step. Get a camera, and start shooting. Start putting into practice what you've read.

May the Force be with you. Cheers!

Top Bottom