New to D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

weslim78

Apr 4, 2004
Hi guys, just transfered myself from sony F828 to nikon D70... well new user to DSLR world...
Equip:
1)Deciding to get a SB800 flash next month, any comments about that?
2)Which type of Lens would be best for overall usage like taking macro and general events?

hope to get some feedback about the product that most nikonian uses..
siao liao this month eating bread with no butter... sigh...
:cry:

awaiting for your recommendations

;)

First welcom to the club, SB800 is a good choice. If you already have the kit lens keep it and use it first, it will satisfy most of your needs in terms of general events. Other lens can wait till you know what you want and what budget. BTW most Nikonian use Nikon product. :bsmilie:

weslim78 said:
Hi guys, just transfered myself from sony F828 to nikon D70... well new user to DSLR world...
Equip:
2)Which type of Lens would be best for overall usage like taking macro and general events?

;)

weslim78 said:
Equip:

;)

Hi weslim78

I got my D70 + kit lens and SB800 last few days ago. NO regret on sb800 and kit lens. Go for it...

there is a battery accessory pack for SB800? (EXT)Wats that model call? it cost about $200... anyway hows the charging time for SB800 and the Batt lifetime per event example a fashion show? because cannot compromise in waiting for the flash to charge up b4 we can start to snap.
;)

Hey thanks! looks like will be posting question alot in here haah :)

I believe that a SD-8A. Normally about 1xx shots. I managed to shoot like 2xx shots and still alright, charging recycling is about 6 secs for full release, but normally for TTL shots, mine just need about 0.5 to 1 secs. (Really depends how much power u squeeze out). The best bet is 5 AA batteries plus the SD-8A. :)

Hi Wes
rem me? i was the one who helped u sell off your 828..
so i managed to bring you to nikon instead of canon? ;)

hope you enjoy the d70!
and feel free to ask any questions here!

weslim78 said:
awaiting for your recommendations ;)

1) Buy, no regret for SB-800.
2) Sigma 70-300 APO (My recommendation)

SD-8A with SB800 + SD-800 will give you at least 400 shots (not at 1/1 power). At 1/1 power it takes approx 2.5s to recharge fully with SD-8A & SD-800.

Wanna play with the SD-8A ? :devil:

1) SB-800 - get it, the best you need, want and can ever have.

2) Events - AF-S 24-85 or AF-S 24-120VR would be fine (due to FLM). Macro, 105 Nikkor ;)

weslim78 said:
Equip:

;)

c liao...another 'happy casualty' who will be taking the roti journey..................

ken00 said:
Hi Wes
rem me? i was the one who helped u sell off your 828..
so i managed to bring you to nikon instead of canon? ;)

hope you enjoy the d70!
and feel free to ask any questions here!

hey ken! haha was doing alot of research and thinking throughout that night! well finally nikon! hey thanks man! haha ;)

i see.. Roger that to all!! SB800 here i come!! haha
but have to wait till next month... pok kai liao!!...

no problem man
hope you enjoy the new fabulous nikon!
and i believe sb800 can be had for less than $600 now..
a must have especially for events!

weslim78 said:
hey ken! haha was doing alot of research and thinking throughout that night! well finally nikon! hey thanks man! haha ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.