New Nikon DSLR Range by End 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are we worrying abt if there's a flash or not anyway?? if someone spends that much on the cam... chances are they could own or already own an ext flash no? not to mention CLS is one of the reasons to get nikon

I heard Japanese don't treat a camera as pro if it has a built-in flash. :dunno:

Must say Nikon is quite good in keeping secret.. 3 hrs before press release then I see the first leak.

why are we worrying abt if there's a flash or not anyway?? if someone spends that much on the cam... chances are they could own or already own an ext flash no? not to mention CLS is one of the reasons to get nikon

because if it is so, it just might be a fake

BTW dpreview forum readers have discovered

"My virus protection detects that the site is trying to automatically download and run trojan from that site. Hope everybody has their Internet Explorer security patches or virus protection up to date!"

do you peeps get that as well?

because if it is so, it just might be a fake

BTW dpreview forum readers have discovered

"My virus protection detects that the site is trying to automatically download and run trojan from that site. Hope everybody has their Internet Explorer security patches or virus protection up to date!"

do you peeps get that as well?

Hmmm....when I zoom in to the picture, it seems to me that the D3 and the D200 wording on the camera have been doctored. The color near the edges doesn't match. Maybe is a hoax? We will know soon :)

Hmmm....when I zoom in to the picture, it seems to me that the D3 and the D200 wording on the camera have been doctored. The color near the edges doesn't match. Maybe is a hoax? We will know soon :)

didn't realise Canon user oso anticipating a new Nikon body..:D

got the line cut there leh. :dunno:

d300.jpg

you might be right
i think i see it - faintly

translation of korean text from link

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1021&thread=24487389

I'm a Korean so please don't expect the English translation or its grammar to be perfect, but here it is.

니콘, DSLR신제품 대거 국내 출시

Nikon has revealed new DSLRs.

니콘은 23일서울 밀레니엄힐튼호텔에서 열린 창립 90주년 행사에서 디지털 일안반사형(DSLR) 카메라 2종을 첫 선보였다.

Nikon revealed 2 Digital SLR cameras at their 90th Anniversary Event at the Millenium Hilton Hotel on the 23rd.

이번에 출시되는 신제품은 준전문가용 DSLR ‘D300’과 전문가용 ‘D3’. 각각 기존모델 ‘D200’과 ‘D2H’의 뒤를 이을 제품들이다.

These 2 DSLR cameras are the semi-professional model 'D300' and the professional model 'D3'. They are successors to the current 'D200' and 'D2H'.

이날 발표된 준전문가용 ‘D300’은 니콘 DX 포맷 DSLR 카메라의 최상위 기종. 완성도를 한층 더 높인 DSLR 카메라라는 것이 회사 측 설명이다.

Nikon explains that the 'D300' is positioned at the top level of their DX format lineup, and it is closer to perfection than before.

유효 화소수 12.3메가 픽셀의 고화소에 니콘의 독자적인 포괄적인 화상 처리 엔진인 ‘엑스피드’에 근거한 최신 화상 처리 엔진을 탑재했다. 사용자가 원하는 대로 화상을 편집할 수 있는 ‘픽처 콘트롤 시스템’과 시야율 약 100%의 고배율 파인더 등 많은 신기능을 보강했다.

It has an effective pixel count of 12.3 mega pixels and has a brand new image processing engine based on their own comprehensive image processing engine called 'exspeed(I don't know the exact spelling for the name)'. It has many new features such as the 'Picture control system' that allows users to edit their pictures, and a viewfinder that has a frame coverage of approx. 100%.

전문가용 ‘D3’는 니콘이 신규 개발한 35mm 필름의 화면 사이즈에 준하는 대형 CMOS 이미지 센서를 탑재했다. 기존 DSLR 카메라와는 뚜렷이 구분되는 고화질, 고감도, 고속 성능을 실현해, 전문가 집단을 공략한다는 전략이다.

The 'D3' is equipped with Nikon's newly developed large CMOS image sensor that is equivalent to the size of a 35mm film frame. It is aimed at professional photographers with high image quality, high ISOs, and high functionality that exceeds current DSLR cameras.

니콘은 이번에 발표된 신제품으로 국내시장 공략의고삐를 더욱 죈다는 방침. 니콘은 작년말 출시된 휴대형 DSLR ‘D40’으로 캐논을 제치고 국내 DSLR 시장점유율 1위로 올라서며 돌풍을 일으킨 바 있다.

Nikon is planning to be more aggressive at capturing the Korean market. Nikon's 'D40' has been extremely successful last year and has allowed them to win the No. 1 spot in Korea's DSLR market(I'm not really sure if this is the case).

권선영 기자(kong@heraldm.com)
Reporter Kwon, Sun Yung(kong@heraldm.com)

By the way, their's still an hour(?) to go until the big event.
So, either this is a hoax, or this site breaked the embargo(is this expression correct?), which is more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.