New Nikon DSLR Range by End 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpinkor

May 13, 2005
Nee Soon
From today's (20070716) ST, page H7, under "Digital cameras alter photo lenscape":

"Meanwhile, we are concentrating our research and development efforts on DSLR and lens technologies," Mr Fung * lets on. To that end, Nikon will unveil a new range of DSLR cameras by the end of the year.

He adds: "Eventually, consumers may be able to buy their own DSLR camera for as little as $600 to $700."

* Mr Marc Fung, sales and marketing manager, Nikon Singapore.

What do you guys think this new range is ?
Izit a low-end consumer range, even cheaper than D40 or prosumer range to rival the 5D ?

though i'm a nikon user. here's my :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

so :cry: :cry:

cant wait to end of the year lar.... ha... selling all my nikon stuffs :bsmilie:

i think nikon will now focus to produce entry-level or low end dslr rather than those high end.. so forget about FF dream la. folks.

$600-$700? Cannot even buy us a proper zoom lens to match the "5D" range lah :sweat:

$600-$700?!?! Are they going smaller than 4/3?

i believe they will be releasing some higher ones too. they cant possibly market only beginner cams to see people brand hopping when they become more pro.

I don't understand what the fuss is about.

It's mentioned, EVENTUALLY, that doesn't mean for that end of the year model.

I remember last time when I had my Nikon SLR costing $2,000, there wasn't any cheap ones around. EVENTUALLY (after a few years), the F60 or something else (I can't remember exactly) which were going for around $600-$700 were released. This is just a cycle lah. When newer technology comes up, let's see if an old technology DSLR would go below $200...

$600-$700 USD?

If it is S$, then it will definitely open up a whole new market of entry level users!, then those prosumer cameras like Canon S5IS, G series, etc will probablye start seeing the end of their days....

Nikon Modular System!!!

BELIEVE!!

oh boy oh boy oh boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.