New Members Missing Posts?

same here for me. Now worst still, I can't find the post thread button. pls help. tks
Please take a screenshot of what you are seeing in the Personal Classifieds section so that we can verify - have not come across this issue in all our testing. Thanks.

Hi Darren,

I think I am also facing the same issue recently even though I am not a new member. To reduce the number of postings, I tend to group the items together and sometimes the post title could be the same or similar. After clicking submit, everything went as per normal, no error message or anything and I even got a message of "Thanks for submitting your post" but after redirecting me to the relevant B&S section, my post was not shown and checking on my latest posts also revealed nothing. But I have success when the title is a bit more different from past posts. I am not too sure if this is the same problem as those faced by the new members. Could you pls advise?

A suggestion: if the server deems a post as suspect or spam, could you set it such that a notification or message is shown where the poster is informed that the post is kept under review and would be released upon review? Then at least the poster would know what happened and not keep wondering on what went wrong.

Velectron said:
Hi Darren,

I think I am also facing the same issue recently even though I am not a new member. To reduce the number of postings, I tend to group the items together and sometimes the post title could be the same or similar. After clicking submit, everything went as per normal, no error message or anything and I even got a message of "Thanks for submitting your post" but after redirecting me to the relevant B&S section, my post was not shown and checking on my latest posts also revealed nothing. But I have success when the title is a bit more different from past posts. I am not too sure if this is the same problem as those faced by the new members. Could you pls advise?

A suggestion: if the server deems a post as suspect or spam, could you set it such that a notification or message is shown where the poster is informed that the post is kept under review and would be released upon review? Then at least the poster would know what happened and not keep wondering on what went wrong.

Just share my experience of changing the title for the thread too.

I was selling different items last time. In order to separate the item name, I was using "/". For instance: silk tripod / remote control / 50mm 1.8.

After posting for few times unsuccessfully, I tried editing the title by changing the "/" to "&". So it looked like: silk tripod & remote control & 50mm 1.8.

Surprisingly, it worked!

Just wondering why... ...

Hi, I made a mistake of reposting immediately when what I posted didn't sell. It must have been within the 3 day period. My apologises for not reading the 3 days grace. Please note I am not in the photography business. I was just trying to sell my own camera. Would appreciate your understanding here and lift my ban. Thank you.

Same here. I can't find the button to post new threads. :(

after I take the trouble of drafting my post with images attached (I spend almost 25 mins), my post does not appear. May I know if it's because I am not able to post with images? Please help. Thanks.

after I take the trouble of drafting my post with images attached (I spend almost 25 mins), my post does not appear. May I know if it's because I am not able to post with images? Please help. Thanks.

I'm not sure if there's a limit to the no. of images you can attach in one post. I just tried to post in BnS with pic included but the post did not appear. When I divided the images between two different posts it was ok. You might like to try that.

Hi, I have the same problem here although I have been a member for past 3 years! (though i have not been login so regularly)

May I know when am I able to post new threads? Any conditions? Thank you!

I tried posting 4 photos in the Land/City-scapes and Travel forum about 2-3 days ago but until now it is not showing.
Is this because it is my first post?

Could you help me out?

Thanks,

oh, i thought my post didnt push through and didnt notice the link asking to click if the post was not found... I made 2 ads by accident. please feel free to remove the first one. Thanks

I just started a thread but I didn't see it appearing. I'm a new member thou. Need advice for that ASAP thou.

same here... but im not a new member.

I cannot post anything, I have activated my new account.

Hi

I am a new member and have activated my account.
I am unable to post at Forum: PhotoShoots.

Hi. although I am a new member not long ago, I tried posting to sell of my item last night. Since then it has not been published as of yet. May I know what the ground rules are? As far I am concern, I believe I did not break any. Please advise. Thanks.

False positives are occurring at a slightly higher rate in the Personal Classifieds sections due to the similiarity to spam posts, thus we request newly registered members to be patient if their posts do not appear immediately as they are placed in the moderation queue. Please do not repost the item again and again as there will be multiple moderated posts.

You posted the similar THREAD 3 times and therefore it is flag as SPAM.

Hi. although I am a new member not long ago, I tried posting to sell of my item last night. Since then it has not been published as of yet. May I know what the ground rules are? As far I am concern, I believe I did not break any. Please advise. Thanks.

You need to be a "Photoshoot subscriber" to be entitled to organise any Photoshoot and post there.

Hi

I am a new member and have activated my account.
I am unable to post at Forum: PhotoShoots.

We have implemented an anti-spam/scam service which scans posts made by newly-registered members for potential spam and scam links.

Suspect posts are placed in a moderation queue for review and further action. We will review the queue regularly and release genuine posts within 12-24 hours of posting while spam/scam posts are deleted and the spammer will be deregistered.

False positives are occurring at a slightly higher rate in the Personal Classifieds sections due to the similiarity to spam posts, thus we request newly registered members to be patient if their posts do not appear immediately as they are placed in the moderation queue. Please do not repost the item again and again as there will be multiple moderated posts.

We understand the inconvenience that this may place on newly registered members, however we believe that the benefits outweigh the downsides as clicking on a malware link (even by accident) may introduce vulnerabilities to member's computers.

Since no automated system is 100% foolproof and the occasional spam post will get through, we would appreciate if members continue to report such posts using the Report Post function (the triangle icon with the exclamation mark).

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation and Safe Surfing to all!

Hi Admins, I'm not too sure if I made any violations or mistakes on posting. I just posted only one, I saw it before but after reading other articles, I can't see it anymore. My sincere apologies if I've done any mistakes, as a newbie. Hope I can still see/post again here to continually support your great website. Thanks!