New Fare by Distance- Cheaper?

It is indeed a lot more expensive than it used to be.

But there is one thing the system does not show if we all take MRT to work.

If i were to take the circle line, distance and time is confirm shorter than you take from city hall and go up north.

My question is, does the system know that from east west line, i change to circle line before changing back to north south line.

Example would be from let's say Tampines to Paya Lebar than Circle line to Bishan than I change to North South line to Ang Mo Kio [27KM]. Does it calculate the way i mentioned or do the system calculate from Tampines to City Hall than change to North South line to Ang Mo Kio[28KM]?

i wonder is the government encouraging ppl to own cars????

i think something wrong with how they measure the distance...

I agree. I find that we nv tap out so the system will not know which route we take actually and because of that. ended up the distance will be calculated base on the longest distance available.

Savings will be those that take/use transfers (bus-mrt n vice versa) and for those who say for e.g. stays in the north and heading to the more eastern areas.

But then again, tat's e minority as depicted by the 10pm news on 5 just a moment ago

So now, the picture that they are painting is that i save more if i take a bus after my journey via the mrt. So how am i saving, i am incurring more cost isn't it, when comparing not taking a bus entirely and just walk home?

Felt its being very crappy by saying or implying or suggesting pple take/use a transfer rather than a single journey?! absurd!

They say the systems will be more fair to majority.......

Example would be from let's say Tampines to Paya Lebar than Circle line to Bishan than I change to North South line to Ang Mo Kio [27KM]. Does it calculate the way i mentioned or do the system calculate from Tampines to City Hall than change to North South line to Ang Mo Kio[28KM]?

answer to your question http://publictransport.sg/publish/ptp/en/distancefare_faq.html

I agree. I find that we nv tap out so the system will not know which route we take actually and because of that. ended up the distance will be calculated base on the longest distance available.

it has been like that since the start of using e-z link card.

There is only one way around this,
buy their shares and earn the higher dividend from this fare hike.

Who in the right mind would spend millions to switch system and lower his charges?
Sadly, only photographers.

My fare had increased from 69 cts to 81 cts (single trip no transfer). An increase of 17%! :(

sounds like a gimmik ... saying the more you spend (transfers), the more you save !?!?!? hahahaah BS loh

ALL my fares increases!
Sengkang to Little India $1.58(previously $1.55)

Sengkang to Dhoby Ghaut $1.58(previously $1.55)

Sengkang to Cityhall $1.62(previously $1.60)

Sengkang to Esplanade(circle line) $1.66(previous 1.60)

:thumbsd::thumbsd:

my train fare from YCK to Braddell used to be $0.80 per trip... now it's $0.91 per trip. wtf???? :angry:

all these new fare scheme may sound fair to people who do a lot of transfers.. but single trip commuters are big time losers.

i've done some calculation and i think it is cheaper to ride a motorcycle from YCK to Braddell. i can save about $1.33 per week on motorcycle (with parking). if can siam parking... can save about $4.58 per week. and what more, travelling time is faster... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Tanah merah to Harborfront..

Was $1.61

Now`$1.72

essentially is like fare increase in disguise.. say until so nice.. it's "more fair" to most commuters..

More like "More FARE" for most commuters instead..