Neo Tiew Rd / ID help req.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlequin2902

May 11, 2004
Some birds encountered at Neo Tiew Rd area today. Need help / confirmation with the I.D :

This is a '?'
2007NTR7.jpg

Cattle Egret in breeding plumage ? :think:
2007NTR3.jpg

Cattle Egret ? :think:
2007NTR6.jpg

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks Avatar, Chngpe01 and S_wrx for your replies.

The long walk (at my leisurely pace yesterday, it took 45 mins to walk in all the way and another 45 min to walk out again) was really worth it. There was a lot of birdlife in the area. Pity I could only get the pictures of some due to my inexperience :cry:

I find that it's also quite dangerous to be walking there because there are lots of blind bends along the long road and most of the vehicles on it are speeding ! ;(

Nice shots Samuel. The first one is a Baya weaver, as Avatar and chngpe01 had correctly IDed. Whether its male or female its hard to say as they are difficult to tell apart, except during the breeding season when the male sports a flaming yellow crown on his head.

Nice shots on the cattle egret, the 1st one esp., nice backlighting on the wing feathers.

harlequin2902 said:
Hi,

Thanks Avatar, Chngpe01 and S_wrx for your replies.

The long walk (at my leisurely pace yesterday, it took 45 mins to walk in all the way and another 45 min to walk out again) was really worth it. There was a lot of birdlife in the area. Pity I could only get the pictures of some due to my inexperience :cry:

I find that it's also quite dangerous to be walking there because there are lots of blind bends along the long road and most of the vehicles on it are speeding ! ;(
Wow....you walked all the way in? :sweat: Where did you start from? Its a looong way in without transport. Hard to get a cab there too, unless you hitch a ride from someone.

There's lots of birdlife there, true. Observe more carefully and if you are lucky, you might be able to spot a variety of different raptors there too. ;)

Garion said:
Wow....you walked all the way in? :sweat: Where did you start from? Its a looong way in without transport. Hard to get a cab there too, unless you hitch a ride from someone.

There's lots of birdlife there, true. Observe more carefully and if you are lucky, you might be able to spot a variety of different raptors there too. ;)

Hi Garion,

Thanks for your comments.

I started from where service 175 dropped me off after Sungei Gedong camp...I just went to do a measurement on the map and discovered that : from where service 175 stops after Sungei Gedong camp, all the way to the end of Lane 2 , it's like 5km one way. So there and back again is ~ 10km :sweat: Good exercise :D

Status
Not open for further replies.