Need preparation help on going to Dubai to work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

likimikuku

Nov 9, 2007
dear all,

i will be going to Dubai for work in 2 months time,
it will be a life time experience for me to stay there for few years.
so, i need some advice in term of photography.

below are my concern:

1. I have a dry box in sg... but do i required to have a dry box there also??I think the humid there is vy low...izzit??

2. do u think i should buy all the necessary lens b4 i go there?? cuz i worry it will cuz more there...

3. any shooting tip and location??

i believe, it can get very cold @ nite over there.
So i think dry box is a must.

lens .... u can alway order & have DHL or UPS or Fedex sent over 4 u

i believe, it can get very cold @ nite over there.
So i think dry box is a must.

lens .... u can alway order & have DHL or UPS or Fedex sent over 4 u

Eh don't mind me asking, but what has it being cold at night got to do with needing a dry box? As long as the RH% value is low, regardless of cold or hot, there is a very low chance of fungus developing

1. I have a dry box in sg... but do i required to have a dry box there also??I think the humid there is vy low...izzit??

2. do u think i should buy all the necessary lens b4 i go there?? cuz i worry it will cuz more there...

1) google is always your best friend

One experiences winter in Dubai in the months of January February and March. Dubai weather is moderate during this period and can make it the most comfortable period to plan an itinerary to the emirate. The temperature can rise to a maximum of 30 degree centigrade and the minimum temperature is around 15 degrees. The average temperature is 25 degree centigrade or 77 degree Fahrenheit. The days remain sunny for almost 8 hours during this period.
The weather in Dubai becomes slightly warmer during the months of April, May and June. The average temperature ranges between 35 and 40 degrees centigrade. The humidity level remains between 50 to 55. Days remain Sunny for almost 11 hours during this period.

Summers (July to September) in Dubai are extremely hot and humid in Dubai. During this period temperatures can reach as high as 48°C (118°F) and humidity levels soars to 80-90%. Dust laden sandstorms locally known as 'shamal' regularly hit the city from the end of May until early July. One can get scanty rainfall during these months.

depends on when you're going. if you really want peace of mind, just bring, but frankly two months only, if you're going to be shooting a lot, i won't bother.

google for dubai climate if you want more info, this is how you can be desktop know-it-all if you filter the info properly. the above was sourced from here.

2) this one, only you can decide. first you have to ask yourself, do you think you are going to use those lenses? buying a lens just for a trip is pretty silly, if you think about it. a lens is a long-term investment, not something you buy at whim and then hope to use. well, unless you have excess money to burn.

3) nope, never been there, but the shots i have seen from there have breathtaking skyscrapers and architectures, please abuse that. :)

google dubai and click on images to see images of dubai

you might also want to go to the library or the bookshop to view travel book on dubai for tips and images

Eh don't mind me asking, but what has it being cold at night got to do with needing a dry box? As long as the RH% value is low, regardless of cold or hot, there is a very low chance of fungus developing

DSLR get cold @ nice, need a nice dry place 2 sleep :sweatsm:

DSLR get cold @ nice, need a nice dry place 2 sleep :sweatsm:

If that was meant as a joke, it isn't funny. And as Kit mentioned, it's a common misconception that cold = wet.

dear all,

i will be going to Dubai for work in 2 months time,
it will be a life time experience for me to stay there for few years.
so, i need some advice in term of photography.

below are my concern:

No need dry box

Night shot in Dubai is a must so dont forget to bring your tripod ;)

google dubai and click on images to see images of dubai

alternatively, go to flickr,

search "dubai", and click on most interesting, not all of them will be good images, but you are likely to see quite a few nice shots there. :)

keep inside the cam bag and wrap the cam body with a ziplock bag filled with some silicon gel will do.
remember to bring a blower along.

that for all the reply...many info:thumbsup:
i think i will bring my dry box there....
as i will stay there for more then 1 or 2 months...
infect is 1 or 2 year min:sweat:
so... i will still need lot of reading and preparation...
feel heavy heart to leave.. but will keep posting if posible...

Wait, you're going for one to two months or one to two *years*!?

Wait, you're going for one to two months or one to two *years*!?

sorry, i think i did't make myself clear….
I will be there for 2 years min..

Status
Not open for further replies.