need help on choice of my first dslr ( budget $300-$400 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
but do other brands have same quality? or a little poorer?
any dslr that has the same specs as a d40x?
i'm really new to this.

i'm really new to this.

what gave you the idea that other brands are of inferior quality?

a dslr is a tool. a picture is the result. a tool sitting around does nothing for the photographs.

thanks alot guys. i'm still researching.
sorry about my laziness.
it kinda runs in the blood.:)

apologizing for the laziness is no use. Do something about it.
I really want to share with you my experiences of shopping for a DSLR, and things to look out for, etc. But I sense that you simply expect to be spoon-fed. So.... sorry. I'm not going to offer my help.
There are a lot of kind ClubSnappers who are willing to share their knowledge. Don't misplace their generosity.

i'm really new to this.

why don't you try entering "Nikon D40X review" or "Nikon D40X specs" in google? Is that really so difficult?

thanks for your comments.
i'm done with my research.

i'm really new to this.

the quality is bout the same + -
the onli different is tat the most popular brand is canon nikon sony and it is easy to find a 3rd party lens mount for tat brand
and if u goin for second hand lens it more easy to get lens frm tis forum if u r canon or nikon user
so overall the different frm those other brand to canon or nikon is the resale of lens frm cser coz most of them is canon or nikon user

Last edited:
so what other camera like d40x?
like less popular brands, like olympus, pentax and sony?

so what other camera like d40x?
like less popular brands, like olympus, pentax and sony?
first-spoon-feed.jpg

last time i'm posting here. please learn to find things out on your own.

these are the cameras you can consider:

pentax k100d/k100d super
sony alpha 200
olympus e410/e420/e510/e520

thank you.

caught up with this thread..

just find it shocking that threadstarter had been interested in photography (or at least he quotes himself saying that) for FOUR years.. and yet have done NOTHING to even find out more about the various camera brands online.. or etc..

perhaps threadstarter is not READY to invest in a dSLR.. that's my view..

guys, i dont understand why are you even trying to help the ts when he is so god dam lazy to even do his own research. there is "being helpful" & there is "nanny spoonfeeding baby".

perhaps threadstarter is not READY to invest in a dSLR.. that's my view..

I agree. I think the TS should stick to a PnS for now. He's obviously not ready for a DSLR if he has not done any basic research and does not know how to search for information.

guys, i dont understand why are you even trying to help the ts when he is so god dam lazy to even do his own research. there is "being helpful" & there is "nanny spoonfeeding baby".

Be careful! Otherwise certain members will start imitating your signature in theirs and accuse you of worshipping the holy google! :bsmilie:

Be careful! Otherwise certain members will start imitating your signature in theirs and accuse you of worshipping the holy google! :bsmilie:

but my signature no mention anything about google lay:think::think:

but my signature no mention anything about google lay:think::think:

Doesn't have to. Some certain members on here think that it is arrogant to tell new members to do a search, even if it's in the ClubSNAP Terms of Use. Then they'll add a section of your signature to theirs and say it's part of an inferiority complex.

They add such color to CS.

To the TS,

no point dragging this lah k...you mentioned you like Nikon, so go on ahead and find one that suits your budget. $800 sounds about right for a brand new Nikon D40 with kit lens (18-55mm) but u can call up camera shops to give u a quote so u can try get the best price. Or else, maybe you can get a second hand Nikon from one of the nice CSers in the buy/sell section.

READ UP, do your research and don't be lazy. there's a wealth of information on the www and in clubsnap itself, provided you are serious about learning lah. owning a DSLR also requires you to work harder, you know. you'll need to read up more, shoot more, experiment with the different settings and even go for courses if possible.

all the best.

perhaps i'm not ready for dslr yet. thanks anw.

yup~i did asked things like wat u r asking now.. to b truth u should maybe go down to diff stores n try out lots of the cam b4 realli going into which suit u better.. as i realli go down to diff places to try ask the price check info.. n google alot ^^ oh anyway dun 4get the ''search'' in our forum. its realli going to help u out alot more than u can think of!!:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.