Need advise on my DSLR selection.

livelikejoker

Feb 21, 2011
i am a total newbie and wanna start off with something which is efficient and sufficient for me in photography.
I've been researching on Pentax Kr recently and it seems to me that the camera has the quality and value to pay for,I am also looking at Canon 500D as my second option. Really not sure to get which one!?!. Hope to get some advise from you guys.:)

Have u tried both cameras out already? If not, I will recommend that you head out and try those 2 you've narrowed down to.. maybe then, the choice would be clear..

i am a total newbie and wanna start off with something which is efficient and sufficient for me in photography.
I've been researching on Pentax Kr recently and it seems to me that the camera has the quality and value to pay for,I am also looking at Canon 500D as my second option. Really not sure to get which one!?!. Hope to get some advise from you guys.:)
not sure what you mean by efficient.

as in:
1) value for money?
but even that is rather subjective.

2) power efficient?
hmmm.... not sure but I doubt you meant that.

Lots of positive feedback on Pentax K-r.
Well, I think you should form a shortlist and test them out. Probably have a clearer idea then.

Go to the departmental stores, ask the sales assistant to let you try the camera. Have a hands on and feel of it, see which camera u like. That will help u in yr decision making also. If possible, try other models in yr budget range so you have more options and better choices also.