NDP fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a National Day Preview Parade on 2 Aug 08 today?

Just want to say something abt shooting from open area near NTUC building.

Had a bad experience last year when the ah bengs who came late and shouted at the photog to sit down. The photog shouted at them back to come early. At last, the photog did not relent as they came very early.

But then, I thought a fight may happen.

I would think that Marina East is a much better place : quieter, more peaceful.

Sheares bridge not open to public but this year's fireworks is very clustered. There is only one firing platform so all the bursts are in a single location. Too short exposure and its too dark. Too long, you oversaturate with like 6 fireworks burst. Plus, they come in very fast intervals.

Sheares bridge not open to public but this year's fireworks is very clustered. There is only one firing platform so all the bursts are in a single location. Too short exposure and its too dark. Too long, you oversaturate with like 6 fireworks burst. Plus, they come in very fast intervals.

Exactly, that's what I thought. Sad. :(

Anyone got sample shots of the preview so far that can share? :)

yea heres some i took from the merlion. the fireworks were right infront and overhead i was seated right at the corner closest to the fireworks.

8mm peleng on 400d.
IMG_8770crop_Small.jpg

IMG_8793crop_Small.jpg

IMG_8811crop_Small.jpg

IMG_8818crop_Small.jpg

IMG_8805crop_Small.jpg

Anyone got sample shots of the preview so far that can share?

I do not have nicely taken pictures because at some staircase at Marina Square, so there's no great view. And by the time I rushed to the staircase, it's already 8pm and fireworks already started. No time to setup tripod.

But anyways, here's a few better shots. Handheld.
Fireworks2.jpg

Fireworks3.jpg

Fireworks4.jpg

Fireworks6.jpg

Fireworks7.jpg

Not bad at all for a hand-held attempt, alleggerita!! :thumbsup:

My photo's were all crappy those, cos the smoke blew in my direction and obscured the later parts of the firework display :cry: not to mention i was breathing all that acrid stuff and was pelted by hot gunpowder ash :bsmilie:

1) Marina Square
2)Location Merlion Park
3)open area near NTUC building.
4)that Marina East
5) ClarkQuay

K I gather these are the most popular choices. i'm quite interested in the marina east location? any one can specify where exactly is it?

i heard Marina Bay Golf Course car park also not bad

Not bad at all for a hand-held attempt, alleggerita!! :thumbsup:

My photo's were all crappy those, cos the smoke blew in my direction and obscured the later parts of the firework display :cry: not to mention i was breathing all that acrid stuff and was pelted by hot gunpowder ash :bsmilie:

Thanks! ;)

I shall be at there earlier on actual day, so I will have ample time to set up my tripod and do system check on my D60 too. :bsmilie:

1) Marina Square
2)Location Merlion Park
3)open area near NTUC building.
4)that Marina East
5) ClarkQuay

K I gather these are the most popular choices. i'm quite interested in the marina east location? any one can specify where exactly is it?

hi, at where exactly is the location for shooting fireworks at Marina East? how to access?

Thanks.:)

Hi all,

For the Tanjung Rhu shooting site, is it here indicated by the red star?

2739499303_1129f080ba.jpg

So time of shoot will be 8pm right?
Where will be the launch site?
Where can park car?

Thanks!

Hi all,

For the Tanjung Rhu shooting site, is it here indicated by the red star?

2739499303_1129f080ba.jpg

So time of shoot will be 8pm right?
Where will be the launch site?
Where can park car?

Thanks!

Any advise anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.