NDP 2006 happenings

Status
Not open for further replies.
was there to watch and shoot 2 reharsals already. There wasn't any entry restrictions if you go up to the spectator seats through the normal spectator gates. Basically anyone could wander in, and people did. Vendors too, e.g. uncles selling drinks on push carts. Tons of people were wandering in and out, probably familly member of rehearsal participants.

Later I found that some parts are restricted access, e.g. the place where the combined choir sits for their performance, you really need an access pass then.

Last week I found some half hearted efforts at guarding. e.g. from the spectator seats I could walk down to the field level and out through the big gates and nobody said anything. But if I tried to walk back through the same gates I was stopped. But the guy said: "if you want to shoot photos, go up the stairs and come down from there."

There was an MP (military police, not member of parliament) on each side of the grandstand part where there is a sort of fence with a gate in it. It wasn't clear which side of the barrier they are restricting access to. This is because to get from one side of the barrier to the other, all I have to do is pop down the stairs to the wide corridor (where the toilets are) and go up the stairs beyond the barrier, and they are something like just 15 meters apart. Every single stairs is unguarded (except for the choir section as i said).

the rehearsals usually start at 2pm. this is very dressed down, mainly for the timing, alignment, etc. There will be a more full dress one at the actual time (same timing as for the actual performance). At this time they will be very strict on the field, even with the offical photographers.

no access for this saturday though, that is by ticket only. I expect them to have stricter access restirctions for the more formal rehearsals also.

If anybody is interested I'll post a link to the tons (and I mean tons) of my pictures taken at the rehearsal. Just starting out so quality is not there but if you are interested in what's happening... the photos are interesting to see. I don't think the photos from the rehearsals are restricted, I see tons of people taking photos using cameras and camera phones too.

jeremyftk said:
All rehearsals are access controlled. Don't bother trying to get in unless you have a pass. For this week's rehearsal, entry is only by invitation.
haha i see .. luckily i am able to be in for all the rehearsals and the actual day . Thanks for telling me :)

May I highlight the words at the back of the security pass.

This is an official document issued for the purpose of entry into the stadium.

Unauthorised possession, use, retention and transfer to another peron are 'PENAL OFFENCES'.

This is in light of what another friend highlighted recently:
http://www.fotogrp.com/forum/index.php/topic,1262.0.html

With such a public posting, this guy is asking for SAF to charge him.

For those who have the tickets for the show this weekend, enjoy the show!

sehsuan said:

this weekend got happening???

sehsuan said:

check yr pm bro and dont jump into assumption .
no one did mention abt this " Unauthorised possession, use, retention and transfer to another peron are 'PENAL OFFENCES' " in the thread .
btw FG is strictly for invited members only :) Thanks for yr concern

I do not have a (twin) brother, I only have an elder sister who's married. :dunno:

Oddly enough, this thread in the other forum just got hidden. Wonder how come it came so timely. To sum it up, basically a chap said that he was willing to loan his pass to another person so that this substitute can go in to take photos, should he not be free himself. This guy was apparently telling the members of the forum in another thread that he was "the only lucky one to be selected out of mindef 45 photographers" for the SAF Day parade in SAFTI MI, and claiming it was the "the second most important event in singapore". How true that is, I don't know. His command of English (sorry, former-occupation hazard for me to have worked in a school) is really poor. What is a "jobscoop" or "challange", anyone?

Let's see if this thread will get hidden again:
http://www.fotogrp.com/forum/index.php/topic,1156.0.html

Incidentally, the ORD date for the guy has already gone by, noting that a reply on June 5th from him saying, "what u all talking abt ? 16 more days my uniform will become my floor rag liao ... anyone want any floor rag can come look for me i give u camo one". With such an attitude, one wonders what this guy is really taking the photos for.

For the other shooters, when there's more audience attending, the amount of security checks will accordingly get higher, that's for sure. As mentioned, the MP and Police will be the key personnel manning ALL entrance points.

sehsuan said:
I do not have a (twin) brother, I only have an elder sister who's married. :dunno:

Oddly enough, this thread in the other forum just got hidden. Wonder how come it came so timely. To sum it up, basically a chap said that he was willing to loan his pass to another person so that this substitute can go in to take photos, should he not be free himself. This guy was apparently telling the members of the forum in another thread that he was "the only lucky one to be selected out of mindef 45 photographers" for the SAF Day parade in SAFTI MI, and claiming it was the "the second most important event in singapore". How true that is, I don't know. His command of English (sorry, former-occupation hazard for me to have worked in a school) is really poor. What is a "jobscoop" or "challange", anyone?

Incidentally, the ORD date for the guy has already gone by, noting that a reply on June 5th from him saying, "what u all talking abt ? 16 more days my uniform will become my floor rag liao ... anyone want any floor rag can come look for me i give u camo one". With such an attitude, one wonders what this guy is really taking the photos for.

For the other shooters, when there's more audience attending, the amount of security checks will accordingly get higher, that's for sure. As mentioned, the MP and Police will be the key personnel manning ALL entrance points.
I seriously dont know what good does it bring to u by saying all this ? U really looks sour here :think:

S11loop said:
I seriously dont know what good does it bring to u by saying all this ? U really looks sour here :think:

Nah. Not sour. Just seriously cautioning if some people are intending to transferring their pass to another person. Since the pass is not a "kuchin-kurap" pass but an official SAF-issued pass, the penalties would be consequently higher. Do you have the same fine print on your pass, since you're shooting with a pass anyway? Incidentally, your command of English is pretty close to the other chap I was talking about, I sure hope you are not the same guy! By the way, that should have been, "You really look sour here" and not, "You really looks sour here."

Dear sehsuan, I have no personal grudge against you, but seeing that you are making some assumptions, let me come out and clarify some things for my fellow brother.

sehsuan said:
Oddly enough, this thread in the other forum just got hidden. Wonder how come it came so timely.

Firstly, as stated earlier, this is a PRIVATE forum. I admit it is our mistake that we did not privatise the threads.

To sum it up, basically a chap said that he was willing to loan his pass to another person so that this substitute can go in to take photos, should he not be free himself.

Was this ever mentioned? He merely said he was looking for someone who is interested, should he not be able to shoot. He DID NOT say he will loan his pass. How do you know he will not make the necessary arrangements for a new pass?

This guy was apparently telling the members of the forum in another thread that he was "the only lucky one to be selected out of mindef 45 photographers" for the SAF Day parade in SAFTI MI, and claiming it was the "the second most important event in singapore". How true that is, I don't know. His command of English (sorry, former-occupation hazard for me to have worked in a school) is really poor. What is a "jobscoop" or "challange", anyone?

Gee... I do not see the purpose of this statement. Are you out on personal attacks? What has his command of English have to do with anything? I guess another occupation hazard is to be hoity-toity to those with lesser command of English.

Oh, and I do implore you to read his posts more carefully then, since you seem to have superior command of English than my poor friend.

With such an attitude, one wonders what this guy is really taking the photos for.

What's your point?

Thank you for answering my queries. Now I don't need to ask or saying anything more - you've already answered everything for me. :)

sehsuan said:
Nah. Not sour. Just seriously cautioning if some people are intending to transferring their pass to another person. Since the pass is not a "kuchin-kurap" pass but an official SAF-issued pass, the penalties would be consequently higher. Do you have the same fine print on your pass, since you're shooting with a pass anyway? Incidentally, your command of English is pretty close to the other chap I was talking about, I sure hope you are not the same guy! By the way, that should have been, "You really look sour here" and not, "You really looks sour here."
i agree with u that my english is not gd , so does that mean ppl with bad english cant be a photographer and what's with ppl with fantastic english with crappy photos out there ? No offence .

And again pls read the post clearly , in the thread i had never mention about transfering the pass or what . Obviously creating a pass or making it ( which one is more correct in the sense of good english ? ) from the authority for the participating photographers is needed dont u know that ? Or u are assuming that u can pass it to someone with yr name and info on it and put words into others mouth to show how wonderful yr english is ?

Before u would like to make further assumption , i would appreciate if u can understand the whole situation better first . Sorry to the thread starter for the countless of big OT , intention here was to see if anybody is shooting then maybe we can go shoot together as its been a long time since i organise outing and shoot with a bunch of photographers . :)

sehsuan said:
Thank you for answering my queries. Now I don't need to ask or saying anything more - you've already answered everything for me. :)

You're welcome. It's always easier to ask nicely than to make assumptions, you know. Nonetheless, have fun shooting!

I don't know, you have to ask the person who posted the original message elsewhere:

"I was choosen again ( not the one from CS ... this one is directly for the NDP committee ) . But due to the fact that currently i am facing some finance crisis in my family now and had to sell most of my equipment off ...Sighz ... so i dont think i can have the chance to shoot most of the time but to give up this love for now unless i can get a loan of equipment . So now i am looking for someone who is interested , on occasion that i might not be able to shoot u will go . I have yet to know the cue for the whole event yet but will hold a meeting with them pretty soon .

This is a good chance for anybody out there and u are not representing anyone but yourself . If u think u can do it just drop me a PM and we shall discuss from there .
"

AFAIK, as a NSF back in 2004, and seeing some of my Encik's gazillion passes over the years, I understand it's a single pass for a single person, with a photo for visual ID. The responses that follow may add fireworks (as I termed when I got my officer blowing his top before) even before the actual fireworks this weekend. But as said, I will not be around the Stadium this weekend, gonna miss the fireworks! Sigh.

sehsuan said:
I don't know, you have to ask the person who posted the original message elsewhere:

"I was choosen again ( not the one from CS ... this one is directly for the NDP committee ) . But due to the fact that currently i am facing some finance crisis in my family now and had to sell most of my equipment off ...Sighz ... so i dont think i can have the chance to shoot most of the time but to give up this love for now unless i can get a loan of equipment . So now i am looking for someone who is interested , on occasion that i might not be able to shoot u will go . I have yet to know the cue for the whole event yet but will hold a meeting with them pretty soon .

This is a good chance for anybody out there and u are not representing anyone but yourself . If u think u can do it just drop me a PM and we shall discuss from there .
"

AFAIK, as a NSF back in 2004, and seeing some of my Encik's gazillion passes over the years, I understand it's a single pass for a single person, with a photo for visual ID. The responses that follow may add fireworks (as I termed when I got my officer blowing his top before) even before the actual fireworks this weekend. But as said, I will not be around the Stadium this weekend, gonna miss the fireworks! Sigh.
So does this message mention anything about using my pass with my face and info on it and pass it to someone else to use ? :dunno:

:bsmilie: OMG ... Is my english so "chim" for someone who has a " FANTASTIC " command of english to understand ?

wahhh NDP sure sound exciting!

Just wondering, when u mention NDP committee, which committee are you under ah?

Cos i heard got alot of committees in NDP...:bigeyes:
Izzit the publications? I heard they produce the most impressive photos around and within the NDP committee yearly.

sehsuan said:

I wonder should i start to make some 'statement' here anot...

but i should let u know that i have no bad feelings or watsoever with you, just open for some discussion and highlights.

Its technically not hidden, its just that we operate based on invites and purely by invitations only. So its by nature, if there is anything that is being done to our frens cum members, we should have some protection over them, likewise, if anybody starts to dig into your stuff, u would surely cover it... human nature i guess... so lets just not probe on, its just our little hole we forgot to cover.

And i guess you have misinterpreted the entire story, from my perception, as you have posted on the subsequent post, the post indicated that clement was cash tied, and selling off his equipment, so since he doesn't have the necessity to cover the event, he is willing to transfer his pass to another FG member. The meaning of transfer was in my perception, he introducing another person to take over what was to be done by him, i'm not sure about the exact procedures, but i guess it should be achievable.

As for the rest of the stuff directed personally at his perhaps gesture and expressions, i shan't comment on it, since i have neither read nor heard it directly from him.

We do apologize for not able to accept your application to our little group, as i've previously stated, its by pure invites only. Perhaps we could go for an outing, and we could be friends and i could officially invite you to the group later on.

Eh guys... Take the thread war somewhere else lorz... Lol.

Anyway, to all who have managed to get any photos during the rehearsals, this message is for you. PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING! Media embargoes are in place and thus please do not post any pictures of rehearsals etc. Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

Not against anyone either. But a lot of assumptions are being made right now. The issue which sehsuan uncovers is nevertheless something to be mindful about. Now that it's in the open, do exercise discretion when making the necessary transfer ya? All the best for everything. :)

jeremyftk said:
Eh guys... Take the thread war somewhere else lorz... Lol.

Anyway, to all who have managed to get any photos during the rehearsals, this message is for you. PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING! Media embargoes are in place and thus please do not post any pictures of rehearsals etc. Thanks in advance for your co-operation.
I believe the embargo is for the media only?
If i walk in freely to shoot, and I own the copyrights, means I can post?

Status
Not open for further replies.