Myanmar Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelplanet

Jan 23, 2004
East
travelplanet.clubsnap.org
Hi all , just checking if anybody going to Myanmar this year ????
Places of visit to Bagan , Golden Rock , Yangon and Mandalay .
Any recommend ???? Can shoot until hands drop :D

travelplanet said:
Hi all , just checking if anybody going to Myanmar this year ????
Places of visit to Bagan , Golden Rock , Yangon and Mandalay .
Any recommend ???? Can shoot until hands drop :D
Good place to go, just been there last year shoot till you drop!
Try getting a local driver at the airport if you can afford, you won't regret. but the cost is rather dear, about 400 USD for a full car rental, but rest in peace with them around. You don't need a guide just get a driver who can understand a little english will be enough. A long the way you can request for stops and usually ask for advice from the drivers but be warn to give your expected itenery to them early in the trip so that they can plan up an itenery on the way. The last time i spend about 2 weeks to complete the entire myanmar.

The golden rock area is not easy for most singaporeans you have to join locals in the sqeezy lori, unless you can get some ang mo to get an entire lorry for yourself.

Most of the back packers tends to get the local bus to move from yangon to mandalay but with a cab we can travel where we want. The hilly region from mandalay back to yangon is a very interesting route which most do not take unless you have a vehicle. My trip moves in an anti clockwise manner from yangon all the way to mandalay and back.

TAke more films. films sold there are usually stock for quite some time and you don't get to find a lot of different slide films there for you to choose if you shoot slide.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info man ...... I was at the same time looking for anybody
who interested to join ....

CHeer ......

Manfred Ng said:
Good place to go, just been there last year shoot till you drop!
Try getting a local driver at the airport if you can afford, you won't regret. but the cost is rather dear, about 400 USD for a full car rental, but rest in peace with them around. You don't need a guide just get a driver who can understand a little english will be enough. A long the way you can request for stops and usually ask for advice from the drivers but be warn to give your expected itenery to them early in the trip so that they can plan up an itenery on the way. The last time i spend about 2 weeks to complete the entire myanmar.

The golden rock area is not easy for most singaporeans you have to join locals in the sqeezy lori, unless you can get some ang mo to get an entire lorry for yourself.

Most of the back packers tends to get the local bus to move from yangon to mandalay but with a cab we can travel where we want. The hilly region from mandalay back to yangon is a very interesting route which most do not take unless you have a vehicle. My trip moves in an anti clockwise manner from yangon all the way to mandalay and back.

TAke more films. films sold there are usually stock for quite some time and you don't get to find a lot of different slide films there for you to choose if you shoot slide.

Enjoy!

Hi,

For all those interested in Myanmar Trip . . . check out this issue of GRAIN magazine. They have some tie-up promotion with Canon with specials and all.

I think there is suppose be a Special departure in September for Canon users / supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.