My recent works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadpoet said:
A.A, I am surprise, you are getting soft these days.

Technicalities are funny things, when done right, no one notices, if done incorrectly, everyone sees it as a sore thumb.

PBS is an established well regarded professional photographer. We all have seen his work. Some and some do not like his style, and that is perfectly fine. However, we all agree the technical part of this photography was usually spot on, from make up, art direction, styling, DI, lighting and presentation.

For the picture of the woman at the dinning table, the technicality of styling was all wrong, from the red and white wine thing, to the table setting, and also, I forgot to mention, the cheap looking wine glasses looked out of place with the much nicer silverware and plates.

These technicalities have nothing to do with art nor fashion. These are attention to details, part of being a professional photographer. I am sure it’s merely an oversight. But I do not expect this from a professional.

I really nearly like this picture. Those wine glasses and wines really are annoying.

I do understand that you're perhaps a wine drinker, and has been to US and back a couple of times, and probably very cheesed off with such styling though... Like I said, to you it wasn a clear cut mistake and is seemingly very unsound though... All I'll probably say is that thankfully you kinda agree the rest is fine...

I'll work on that again..

PBS

very good series. thanks for sharing.

I like the way it is for the shot on the lady with the table settings, it makes the pic more interesting.

Sjourn said:
very good series. thanks for sharing.

I like the way it is for the shot on the lady with the table settings, it makes the pic more interesting.

I couldn't agree more than that though... Thanks...

Hi Cedric

I like the concept of the models mimicking as sculptures amongst the frames, and the last series. :thumbsup:

pointblankshots said:
I couldn't agree more than that though... Thanks...

I also think the way the stuff in the table doesn't make sense gives it a more whimsical nature. Reminds me of the Big Fish mood (Neil Gaiman). I like the way it is.

dawgbyte77 said:
I also think the way the stuff in the table doesn't make sense gives it a more whimsical nature. Reminds me of the Big Fish mood (Neil Gaiman). I like the way it is.

Thank you for these kind words... will continue to produce good images... hoping that the next time I'll remember the arrangement of the cutlery(like Singapore Hotel Association) though:bsmilie:

fantastic piece of work.:thumbsup:

583.jpg

This shot has gone into my "top 5 portraits of ClubSNAP". Very well taken and it grips me... you have an excellent rapport with the subject. Mastery.

plastic said:
583.jpg

This shot has gone into my "top 5 portraits of ClubSNAP". Very well taken and it grips me... you have an excellent rapport with the subject. Mastery.

Her nose is a lil deformed actually, but I thought I took it as it is without having to think too much about perfection then.... She was Fashion Model of the Year 2003 if I remembered correctly..

Thanks for liking the image..

pointblankshots said:
Thanks anyway Deadpoet, we're more out to fill the table with colours than to follow the right set of cutlery... but probably learn from this as well, thanks for highlighting...

PBS

PBS, I am not a photographer but I did immediately find the wine and cutlery distracting for the reasons cited by DP. It is just something that nags you like a shadow cast in the wrong direction. otherwise I really like the photograph.

oh, it was really interesting she is trying to eat a crab with knife and fork in that get up, but that isn't really a bother unlike the wine.

hwchoy said:
PBS, I am not a photographer but I did immediately find the wine and cutlery distracting for the reasons cited by DP. It is just something that nags you like a shadow cast in the wrong direction. otherwise I really like the photograph.

oh, it was really interesting she is trying to eat a crab with knife and fork in that get up, but that isn't really a bother unlike the wine.

You heard the man... its just to fill the frame with colors! Why cant you guys get off his back... :bsmilie: better do that before other supporters start slamming you with how much they like the whimsical nature of the layout. :dunno:

Could this pic be called abstract? :bsmilie: The definitions in this forum are confusing!!!

:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

hwchoy said:

I'm no pro in that field, point taken by DP and yourself... Looks like I'll be more watchful... Thank you all...

A.A said:
You heard the man... its just to fill the frame with colors! Why cant you guys get off his back... :bsmilie: better do that before other supporters start slamming you with how much they like the whimsical nature of the layout. :dunno:

Could this pic be called abstract? :bsmilie: The definitions in this forum are confusing!!!

:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

You still on this topic??? move on dude... yup yup, nobody thinks as logical like you do, nobody has your sense of explanation.. You're the best in your sense of logic... I guess that helps...

If you're here to destroy, I've nothing against you... What's up with you? If your comments was positive, like the cutlery and arrangment was wrong, thank you very much, I've heard it and yes... point taken...

I'll just like to say thank you and stop whining....

Something of late, but only did two images... Hope these images continue to share a good visions...

lr1.jpg

lr2.jpg

oooh luv ur last 2 photos :)

lumen said:
oooh luv ur last 2 photos :)

Thanks dude, I haven't seen your stuff around much these days... but saw you shooting many many times already... What's up man?

pointblankshots said:
Thanks dude, I haven't seen your stuff around much these days... but saw you shooting many many times already... What's up man?

haha... haven't reach ur standard mah so dun post yet ;p ... must not disgrace my sifu... ok seriously will post soon :)

lumen said:
haha... haven't reach ur standard mah so dun post yet ;p ... must not disgrace my sifu... ok seriously will post soon :)

nonsense you:bsmilie: Will see you stuff soon dude..

Status
Not open for further replies.