my newbie shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

redname

Oct 8, 2009
Hi, jus started this hobby, 3 days old only.

pls feel free to advice

here's some noobie shots.

taken w/ 50mm F1.4

4000482987_50dc2b07a9.jpg

4000480463_243e906674.jpg

4001244154_6066c8ac18.jpg

4006363221_c729e5a41f.jpg

taken with kits lens

4000481545_f959c0bdf3.jpg

Hi,
i gathered some of my pics.

pls feel free to advice, advise on pics on prev post are welcome too :)

Ming's Photo Journey

Hi, redname.
Thank you for sharing your works. The clown fish (pardon me if I ID-ed this fish wrongly) is very amazingly cute. Quite a good capture, isn't it?!
The first three photos - YXTM and the two guitar shots perhaps you could adjust the White Balance as it is a little off, too green. Sometimes I find that even when I switch to the supposedly appropriate WB setting on the camera, the end result still turns out a little off. So no choice, have to adjust with post processing software.
Hey, just a bit of my humble opinion here.

Congratulations for starting your photography journey and your new gear.
I think you need to get familiar with your camera. White balance seem off for the shots.

Next, need to work on the composition. For now, many will consider your shots as snap shots.

Have fun and look forward to see more from you.

thankls for your advise.

u guys really pro, one look and know my weakness, i actually dnt know a thing abt WB (alongside w/ many other things), so many types of settings and worse thing is tht i'm color blind, so can't see any slight diff.

any recommandations for reading up on WB?

Last edited:
thankls for your advise.

u guys really pro, one look and know my weakness, i actually dnt know a thing abt WB (alongside w/ many other things), so many types of settings and worse thing is tht i'm color blind, so can't see any slight diff.

any recommandations for reading up on WB?

Hey redname. There is lots of discussion and information on Clubsnap about White Balance. A wealthy source of info to learn from. Why don't you do a Search on Clubsnap on 'White Balance'.
The number of threads that comes up will take you hours to finish reading and digest.
Give it a try lah!

There is a sticky "Photography Notes for Newbie" under the Newbie Corner. You can check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.