My Japan Travel Snaps (Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto)

Pinoy ask u the A380 got power source at the seat to charge devices? i thought i heard somewhere there are but just want to confirm. :)
Hmm.. I didn't notice. But you can charge via USB (if your device supports it):

4258910692_8f84548ba5_b.jpg

:Later,

Haha. Gotta track the costs carefully. I'm sure you're aware that it's easy to overspend in Japan, especially Tokyo. In Osaka I got lured to step foot in a shop named Yodobashi (something) and was badly tempted by all the cam and cam gears I saw. :bsmilie: I wonder how much more had we gone to Akihabara when we were in Tokyo days before...

Thanks all. Glad you liked the pics. I've still got a lot more to post process... will share 'em up along with some info as soon as I get them out of the oven. :p

haha...luckily u did not go to Yodabashi in Akihabara..the place is awesome and even have great deals for toys (collectible) on top of the camera/electronics stuff... I was super happy in there though my wallet weeps..haha.

wow the screen so big.... :bigeyes:
Not only big but crisp, clear and vibrant. I loved it so much that I found the krisworld display on board the B777 on our way back to Singapore from Osaka pathetic. :bsmilie:

haha...luckily u did not go to Yodabashi in Akihabara..the place is awesome and even have great deals for toys (collectible) on top of the camera/electronics stuff... I was super happy in there though my wallet weeps..haha.
Ey don't make me regret. :bsmilie:

Anyway, just one photo for today..

37. Kinkaku-ji Temple. I've got several shots of this temple at different angle and at different focal length.
4263092042_46b23dd2b5_b.jpg

Not only big but crisp, clear and vibrant. I loved it so much that I found the krisworld display on board the B777 on our way back to Singapore from Osaka pathetic. :bsmilie:

is the legspace good enough for a 1.8m guy? i find those on B747 rather small for Economy class.

Ey don't make me regret. :bsmilie:

Anyway, just one photo for today..

37. Kinkaku-ji Temple. I've got several shots of this temple at different angle and at different focal length.
4263092042_46b23dd2b5_b.jpg

will be perfect if not for the slant, maybe u want to correct it with PS. :think:

Wow...cool shots of your trip. :thumbsup:

I will be heading to Tokyo next month and really looking forward to seeing/shooting some of the sights too.

Hi, Thanks for sharing your itinerary and great photos. I'm planning a Japan trip with my family and I really like your itinerary. This really save me a lot of work.

I love the shots... it's amazing how you can take such good pictures on such a tour :p

Hey! I was one of those who went to Japan early Dec with the JAL flight at $500 all in. Must say its been one of the better experiences of my life. But i just brought a point n shoot camera but must have taken close to 1000 pics as well over a 10 day period. I went to most of the places that you shot, haha... So much nice kawaii stuff there, and the people are exceptionally nice and polite as well!

Thanks guys. Glad you liked the pics presented thus far and that you find the information given helpful (which is actually my intention).

38. Shinkansen from Tokyo to Osaka. You can take the Puratto Kodama Economy Plan if you have an extra hour to spare and wants to save some money (around 3000+ yen savings).
4288375116_ede5e7be13.jpg

39. Bento. I :heart: their Bento. So much variety cramped in a box, full of flavor. This one's bought in Tokyo Station prior to boarding the Shinkansen.
4287665725_7b383f2f34.jpg

40. Pirate ship that crossed our path in Hakone.
4281431477_f18b9c72d9.jpg

41. Magical Starlight Parade. Braved through the cold winter evening for this.
4288710501_f963f9f1d1.jpg

42. Tori Gate in Hakone
4253484997_122e040e12.jpg

43. Krispy Kreme in Shinjuku. I wonder if they'll ever set up shop in Singapore.
4265485955_0ab34baace.jpg

44. Crush, from Nemo. Again had to endure the chilly night to watch this.
4280665971_a757a600d6.jpg

41. Magical Starlight Parade. Braved through the cold winter evening for this.
4288710501_f963f9f1d1.jpg

44. Crush, from Nemo. Again had to endure the chilly night to watch this.
4280665971_a757a600d6.jpg

Nice shots..which lens did u use for the parade and nemo pic (color look really great and sharp pic)..I had a hard time shooting the night time parade during my trip. Luckily managed to get a few keeper shots with the help of the 135f2 lens..

P/S : your bento shot look really yummy... think i bought the same bento at tokyo station...I love their bentos at the train station..

Last edited:
Those were shot with EF 24-70 f2.8L at ISOs between 800 and 1000.

Yeah.. that bento was very good. :-D

hey guys is it possible to post the type of gears which you had brought along..
Thanks in advance ^^

hey guys is it possible to post the type of gears which you had brought along..
Thanks in advance ^^
It's on the first page. Canon 40D + EFS 10-22 f3.5-4.5 + EF 24-70 f2.8 + EF 70-200 f4L + Sigma 30mm f1.4. Also used Panasonic TZ15 PnS cam.