My First Kubah National Park Trip In Sarawak

Bako, I think need to spend one week there and must bring my 600mm lens. A potential place to shoot mammals

Limsbros said:
wow.. this is excellent. Looks like you guys are boldly going to places no man has gone before. Very nice, wish I could join in the expedition.....

Just to try something different as compared to shooting in neighborhood parks locally. These places r much raw than what we have over here. We r planning something next yr & so u r welcome to join in .. hehe

loboclerk said:
Since u know already, dun let us wait so long la :p

Heh.. only found one la, we just happened to pass by frog pond and Melvyn saw it there.

Yeah, need to take a boat which we heard doesn't keep the passengers dry. lol

Think there should be trails there that are not as siong. Worth trying. :) Our groupie have not decided on the location of our shoot next year though!

Wa what boat is that?? Look scary man ... Mayb all squeezed in a small sampan ar.... Kubah is still not bad as we hv not fully explore it... Hehe

stor said:
Bako, I think need to spend one week there and must bring my 600mm lens. A potential place to shoot mammals

Wa .. Bones will start to crack after 1 week... Haha

For bako trip ... u intend to carry a tripod with 600mm, another tripod with 200macro with a p&s around yr neck ...???

Wa what boat is that?? Look scary man ... Mayb all squeezed in a small sampan ar.... Kubah is still not bad as we hv not fully explore it... Hehe

Should be like this
1.1256127396.bako-np.jpg

Pic from http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/ceriandsteve/1/1256127396/tpod.html

U think I am serious to bring a 600mm there?.......hahaha. I even have second thoughts of going there as I read a blog talking about the boat ride to Bako. The guy mentioned he been there 3 times and 3 times he was drenched during the boat ride. Need to check it out. Got to bring lots of thrash bag...........

Wa .. Bones will start to crack after 1 week... Haha

For bako trip ... u intend to carry a tripod with 600mm, another tripod with 200macro with a p&s around yr neck ...???

U think I am serious to bring a 600mm there?.......hahaha. I even have second thoughts of going there as I read a blog talking about the boat ride to Bako. The guy mentioned he been there 3 times and 3 times he was drenched during the boat ride. Need to check it out. Got to bring lots of thrash bag...........

Can use paddles, sure won't get wet. When going? must wait till next year?

U may have to pay the boatman to help carry the stuffs up and over the bridge .... :think:
Btw John still have balance of those trash bags during the last trip .... ;)

13 : Head shot of a WhiteSpotted Frog - It had turn brownish at time of shooting
6192166049_05064f11e0_b.jpg

14 : WhiteSpotted Frog Vs Trilobite B - Btw this was not a setup, the Trilobite just moved over & nibble on the frog's hind leg....
6192166215_5a3370a332_b.jpg

15 : A common fly but not too sure of its ID - its much larger than the ones we see here
6192682270_9b94d9667c_b.jpg

16 : A beautiful green frog
6192682116_3b9a18b5e8_b.jpg

Phwa ..... this is just slightly wider than a sampan leh. Imagine bringing the luggage & rations up and over the bridge ..... :sweat::sweat:

I read that during the 30 or 45min boat ride on the river to the NPark centre, water will splash into the motor boat.
It was advised to put yr luggage & camera bag inside those trash bags. This photo really looks inviting

越来越好看了,SY, this weekend wo go there? u say only 1 hour liao, just like me from home to AP :bsmilie:

I fell in love with pic #9! Simply marvellous!

GRyder said:
I read that during the 30 or 45min boat ride on the river to the NPark centre, water will splash into the motor boat.
It was advised to put yr luggage & camera bag inside those trash bags. This photo really looks inviting

It seems quite a distance by boat & get splashed with water all the way .... Need more infos & preparations b4 exploring this place... Not too sure whether all the rations had to b carried over by boat??

Grant said:
越来越好看了,SY, this weekend wo go there? u say only 1 hour liao, just like me from home to AP :bsmilie:

I m still screening thru the pictures... Will post more once ready.
Take 11+ am flight & return 3+ pm flight..... Haha