My First Kubah National Park Trip In Sarawak

F_Enzo

Jan 20, 2005
www.sayyiam.multiply.com
Thanks John for leading the group with a few other regular shutterbugs to this nice place with alot of potential for nature photography. This is our very first visit to this park except John and from the behind the scene pictures that John posted, you can see that as a group, we really enjoy ourselves during the rather short stays at this place. John had more or less made introduction about this place and with the pics posted, I will not repeat on it and all I have to say is, though some of tracks and trails are quite Siong but its worth considering exploring this place again .... ;)

Here are my captures to share and more will be added as and when the pics are processed ......

01 : A small snail with textured shell
6181369971_f33facbff0_b.jpg

02 : The same snail with a different pose
6181893362_b20b2fb6cd_b.jpg

03 : Trilobite Larvae
6181893734_b4bdae26ed_b.jpg

04 : Sideview pose of the Trilobite Larvae
6181894256_0f7a8a048c_b.jpg

Wa! Your lighting very nice!!! More pls :)

hopefully can join next year. this year cant go on leave le...

05 : A thick, spiky and very calm Stick Insect
6181894462_9d6fd77087_b.jpg

06 : Sideview headshot of the same Stick Insect
6181894734_550b52ede8_b.jpg

07 : Another sideview headshot of Stick Insect
6181895012_7982d625a7_b.jpg

08 : Unusual find of the night - about 10 little birds if I counted correctly were found resting in this small nest. Just couldnt get a proper shot as the nest entrance is small & messy.....
6181371617_a031713f51_b.jpg

Last edited:
Wow... the mood of the first 4 pics is excellent
More please, thks SY

Beautiful, nice pics. Kubah now becomes popular by all these shots posted.:)

marcus

GRyder said:
Wow... the mood of the first 4 pics is excellent
More please, thks SY

Tks Lance, those pics r lit by a 3rd light frm the rear to create alittle rim effects ... Will post more when available :)

peterpan said:
Good Capture Bro SY:thumbsup:

Tks Ben, u will enjoy the trip when u r there especially with John around to lead the way... Haha

Btw a word of precaution to take note on some of the trails. Do it within yr limits :)

mousedeers said:
Waw, SaiYiam you found a bird nest I did not know that. #1 and #3 the composition is well place.
JW

Frankly speaking the nest is not easily noticed & it camo so well on the tree bark. Only me, boon & mic were left behind during the night shoot... Saw it on our way back to the chalet .... Hehe

otc said:
Beautiful, nice pics. Kubah now becomes popular by all these shots posted.:)

marcus

Tks Marcus for dropping by... Mayb it's the durian feast & those behind the scenes shots that made it more attractive... But frankly all of us enjoyed the trip though abit siong :)

Nice capture, light look good when your flash fell off the ground:) Hope you are OK...your butt

SY,nice catch,me plan to join the next trip liao.

Just a comment on the Trilobite beetle (Dulicota sp?). It is in the adult form already. It is very rare insect so good job finding it. Was it near to a stream? Like the lighting too.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Fantastic work on the snail SY.