My 1st firework

Status
Not open for further replies.

magic1980

Oct 24, 2007
Dear CSer,

I had taken my first firework shoot.
Pls comment (kindly :)) so that I can improve in my next round.

Thank you so much.

Equipment: Canon 450D, Tamron 17-50mm
Setting: F11

2787533526_0d23c2f6a5_o.jpg

Last edited:
Looks underexposed. Try longer exposure.

hmmm, thanks. I will work on it, maybe next year already. Just to check, under expose is cause the building a bit dark, or the firework not bright enough. want to learn more, how u all see. Then i can improve. Thanks.

*removed* sorry, i didn't know the regulation. My bad. Sorry, and thanks to all that pointed out my mistake.

Last edited:
nice. ar.... the top left corner... kinda cut off. but well luck counts alot in photography too... sometimes.. its jus ARGH! :( ahaha
good try, brighter bg....will be nicer :)

cheers!

hmmm, thanks. I will work on it, maybe next year already. Just to check, under expose is cause the building a bit dark, or the firework not bright enough. want to learn more, how u all see. Then i can improve. Thanks.

fireworks definitely is bright enuff
its the buildings...
for a start u might try to see the settings of those pros who shared their works...
Den u will haf to wait for another fireworks to test out the settings n fine tune according :thumbsup:

First thing I have to say, read the rules and guidelines. An user is allowed to post up one picture a week for comments and critique. I'll comment on your first picture, your exposure could be longer to give the fireworks more trails. If possible go wider, either by lens or changing of location. Good work on your first try still.

Hi, i uploaded 2 more pics of fireworks for comments....

Um, please read the regulations. It's one photo per week here. Consider yourself quite lucky that the mod didn't crack down on your lack of a proper critique-seeking write up.

Going with the regulations, I'll thereby comment on your first shot. It is underexposed not because of the fireworks being insufficiently bright, but simply because of too short an exposure time. Try shooting on Bulb mode and expose slightly longer.

evilorgi: yes sitting inside. That's why quite restricted on the back ground. And i am in the front 12th row.
Noob sniper: thanks. Can preshoot bg.
All: i will work on longer exposure time the next round. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.