Monopod or Tripod??

Monopod or Tripod??

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tripods are more useful than monopods. Definitely a tripod, you can get a monopod later on.

For me, buy tripod as a basic. Monopod as add-on, for special shooting needs, e.g. space constraint, weight constraint, need for 'stealth', etc.

Tripod pretty fuctional for all means and purposes of my shooting, can always pivot it like a monopod like what some commented. Might get a monpod in future

Ryan

Is that such thing as a monopod cum trekking pole? :bsmilie:

Is that such thing as a monopod cum trekking pole? :bsmilie:

Yes there is! I saw this one on the UK Photography magazine: Digital SLR Photography (issue: December 2007). It's Leki Sierra Fotosystem (selling at 36 GBP), unscrewing the knob on the handle it becomes a monopod. (www.leki.co.uk)

a tripod can be a monopod too :bsmilie:

a tripod can be mono-pod, bi-pod and tripod.:thumbsup:

a mono-pod is just what it is, a lonely mono-pod.:bsmilie:

but both are very effective defensive weapon.

not sure if it is available in singapore, there are some tripod that has the centre column which is also a mono-pod. i had used one such tripod before (Cullmann tripod).

Depends on purpose and how light you wanna travel.

For macros, of course reccomendation is to use tripod. But sometimes, it's not easy to set up and by the time you're done, the insect had already flown off... those cases, I'd rather use a light monopod.

For long shutter speeds, then it's a must to get a tripod.

So choose the right tool for the job. ;)

half the time my tripod is used to mount my flash:bsmilie:

I have a trekking pole/monopod like the leki one and found it useless for any kind of real shooting because the extended length is far too short for me. The leki one is 145cm fully extended...so unless you're below 1.6m in height you might want to look elsewhere for a better monopod.

Monopod are highly useful at events when things are on the fly and too cumbersome to carry and prepare a tripod. A steady left hand would be an advantage unless u find a hole to burrow your monopod in.

Tripod for me....but currently looking for monopod for sports and fast action photography.

i have seen some people with a short monopod tied to the front of the chest extending from the waist, for long tele lens. is there a correct name for this thing? i dun think it is just a monopod.

I vote for tripod!
Just a little heavier but serve all purpose for a budget photographer.
Extend one leg and it become a monopod for great panning shots =p

my 2 cents

Shyan

Status
Not open for further replies.