Meter does not work with Flash in Manual mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeez

Apr 16, 2002
North
Visit site
Hi,

Was playing around with my 7D recently and found that when the 7D is in manual mode with the 5600HS was turn on, the exposure meter does not work. It just stay in the zero position no matter what setting i use.

The meter will work when i turn off the flash. Is this normal?
Should i sent the 7D for repair?

its normal. your 7D is not faulty.. there were a discussion here and dpreview.com earlier. Hopefully there is an firmware update for this.

but looks like firmware may not be able to fix. :sweat:

Drudkh said:
TME's got fixed with a new 7D. so do you think firmware can fix?

You mean his new 7D can meter in manual mode?

Skeez said:
You mean they got the fix already?
So we can all send in our 7D to KM service centre?
that's the one and only new set that the service centre had.

oops, just checked mine, mine got the same problem as well. :cry: :cry:

ileaf said:

Everyone's got the same problem.... round the world... so you're not alone...

The workaround is to press the AEL button when u frame a scene (best if u leave the button on toggle mode). The meter will call up another marker that tells u how many stops u are under or over the correct exposure... just adjust your aperture or shutter speed accordingly... needs a bit a quick mental sums and familiarity with the stop values for aperture and shutter speed... I dun care for this method actually...

TME said:
Everyone's got the same problem.... round the world... so you're not alone...

The workaround is to press the AEL button when u frame a scene (best if u leave the button on toggle mode). The meter will call up another marker that tells u how many stops u are under or over the correct exposure... just adjust your aperture or shutter speed accordingly... needs a bit a quick mental sums and familiarity with the stop values for aperture and shutter speed... I dun care for this method actually...
I had checked with KM Sg. they say its normal..:dunno:

ileaf said:

Don't worry lah.. :bsmilie:

If you've not discover until today, it means that you don't need it. :)

They know... actually only the tech repairing 7D knows... but they are not saying cos Japan does not acknowledge the problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.