- Jul 19, 2012
Master Guide to Digital Printmaking
Printing your images increases your perceived value as a photographer. Everyone has digital files sitting on hard drives or memory cards. To offer a beautifully finished printed piece shows that you care about your photography and that you put effort into the presentation of your imagery for your clients.
James Tan, a much sought after Print Master, will share about getting consistently good prints from Canon PIXMA PRO printers.
The talk will include demonstrations and the steps needed for Monitor Profiling and Color Management using Canon printers.
Canon PIXMA PRO expands the color gamut with improved saturation of colors and darker, deeper blacks that allows the professional photographer to achieve new levels of colors and skin tone reproduction. We bring you through the initial concept to finding the winning image, then processing these images for printing.
This workshop is right for you if you want to understand digital printmaking.
Intermediate skill levels with Photoshop are required.
Requirement for Participants
- Laptop with Lightroom and/or Photoshop
- Familiarise with operating of Photoshop and Lightroom.
- For those who do not have a Portable Laptop, there will be 12 iMac with Photoshop and Lightroom provided.
Limited to 20 pax Per Class ONLY.
Saturday, 5th July 2014 @ 1 Harbourfront Ave #07-01 Keppel Bay Tower S098632 (Sunflower Room)
Class A: 10:00am - 12:30pm
Class B: 1:30pm - 4:00pm
Class A: 9:30am
Class B: 1:00pm
* Meet at Level 1 Lobby area outside Canon Customer Care Centre
Free admission. Due to limited space, registration is required.
Your place is secured when the confirmed registration list is announced on Thursday 3th July evening by ClubSNAP.
The topics covered will include:
- Basic Color Management overview
- Correction, including monitor calibration
- Pre-sharpening of RAW files
- Sharpening for output (with specific examples, including the differences required for digitally projected images)
- Paper and surface selection for maximum impact
- Resolution, Printing Resolution, issues and advice
- The Canon PIXMA PRO Print Driver, setting up printer colour management and profiles
- Hands on advice from Canon PIXMA Pro experts about your printers
No prior knowledge of Canon PIXMA PRO printers is required but the choices will be discussed and demonstrated in some detail. If you already own a printer, you will be shown how to squeeze every last drop of quality out of it!