[MarkersNg] In My Free Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkersNg

Aug 11, 2013
Singapore
It's been around a year since I've begun shooting land/city-scapes, and having my original thread being lacking of any theme and deviating towards landscapes, I've made the decision to conclude that thread and opening one here instead.

Well, having mentioned in the previous thread, I'm currently a Secondary 4 student, and well, the amount of time I have to shoot is somewhat restricted with the large amounts of revision I have to complete every weekend just for the onslaught of tests, which at one point I even brought my notes along with me to camp for the National Day Preview fireworks. :bsmilie: Yeah, so I guess whatever I post here is whatever I've done in my free time.

Lastly, I'd like to thank tecnica, shiosaki, Jon Chiang and all of the other shooters I've met along the way for influencing/guiding me :)

Well, before I begin, the few standard, albeit shameless, rituals.
flickr
500px
Facebook

So before I begin any actual activity here, I guess I'll begin with some of my favourite pieces of work from the previous thread:​

Last edited:
#2 Fluvius Lucem

Fluvius Lucem by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

D5100 | Tokina 11-16 F2.8
3 image(s) HDR/DRI
1 image for HDB lightings
2 image(s) for MRT light trails
1 image for highlight recovery​

#4 Temasek Alive!

Temasek Alive! by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

Contrary to what is commonly to be the Economic Heart of Singapore, where people identify Singapore as an urban city-state with a bustling finance district, little is known about our bustling port, working 24/7 throughout the year and accounting for a most of our economic growth.

Through times, Singapore has always been a city with a bustling port, a regional trading hub, and this spirit has been kept alive since we were part of the Johor Sultanate up till today.

2 image(s) HDR/DRI
70± image(s) stacked for light trails

#5 Rekindled

Rekindled by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

3 image HDR/DRI
1 timelapsed image for lights in CBD

#6 Splendour

Splendour by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

One from the National Day Parade Rehearsals last Saturday. Arrived at location slightly later, due to a decision to have dinner before shooting (although the dinner was not bad). Lo and behold, after the tripods were setup and cameras mounted, it began to drizzle. At least the drizzle didn't dampen the spirits and stopped after awhile.

I don't really like how this photo turned out, but thinking back, it's been almost a year since I've been shooting landscapes, and it all too began with fireworks. Well, at least I've made progress in this year.
View my mess from last year on Flickr: https://flic.kr/p/frsxSg

2 image(s) HDR/DRI
1 image(s) highlight control
4 image(s) for fireworks
2 image(s) for lightshow

#7 Customary

Customary by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

2 image(s) HDR/DRI
1 image for highlights control
4 image(s) for fireworks

#8 Emerald City

Emerald City by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

I've never been the largest fan of panoramic photography, but even I'm unsure why, recently I've been starting to do some panning. Well, regarding this scene, due to my inexperience in creating panoramas, I opted for a 2 by 2 composition, resulting in a nightmare when stitching. Maybe I'll be back in the Emerald City again, who knows?

D5100 | Tokina 11-16 F2.8 | Panosaurus 2.0
4 frame panorama/vertorama
2 image DRI per frame
5± frames for light trails

in first page!!!

#9 Light Galore

Lights Galore by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

One from yesterday evening

2 image(s) panorama
3 image DRI per frame
10± frames for light show

Last edited:
nice work for #9, keep shooting :)

#10 Golden Pillars

Golden Pillars by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

One from Saturday. This image went into my backlog after I processed Lights Galore, due to a pretty hectic week at school. Well now that most of it is over, finally found some time to process this. A relatively easy image to process, I'd say

2 image(s) panorama
3 image DRI

#4 Temasek Alive!

Temasek Alive! by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

Through times, Singapore has always been a city with a bustling port, a regional trading hub, and this spirit has been kept alive since we were part of the Johor Sultanate up till today.

2 image(s) HDR/DRI
70± image(s) stacked for light trails

hi mind telling me where is the location you standing at?

#11 Looming

Looming by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

One from last Saturday. The sunset was just obscured by clouds :(
And in other news, I was stuck in school yesterday doing a 3 hour long Chinese paper :(

3 image(s) panorama
2 image(s) DRI

#12 Under the Dome

Under the Dome by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

Yes, the title was inspired by Stephen King's book, which makes me wonder sometimes, what if Singapore was sealed inside a dome?

On a side note, probably going to redo the processing for this image again after my exams are over.

National Stadium, Singapore

D5100 | Tokina 11-16 F2.8 | Panosaurus 2.0
4 image(s) panorama/vertorama
2 image(s) DRI and 1 image for highlight control

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.