Manual Mode

I think is better if you can explain or elaborate based on the text and examples in the manual.

What i interpreted from your statement was that EV does not work in P mode since it doesn't work in M mode. That what the sentence literally means.
I would phrase it as "Furthermore you said that EV also works in P mode AND M mode, this is wrong" if that was what you meant.

After some reading up/discussion, what you are trying to highlight:

Got this from another forum which I think explains what you are trying to say best:

Regarding specifically Nikon D700

It does not change your exposure, this is left to your manual settings. However it shifts your metering.

So if you set your +/- to -1 the meter will guide your shot to 1 stop underexposed.

Interesting.

However, this is NOT a feature in many cameras. Perhaps only Nikon cameras, I do not know. Definitely not TS camera, which is a Canon 550D. Neither is it a feature on my camera, or many cameras out there. Personally, pressing the EV comp button in M on my camera alternates between letting you select shutter speed and aperture.

Also, my sentence is phrased perfectly fine. Please read again. The fact that you said EV comp works ALSO in P mode, implies that it works in both M and P, which is not the case, keyword being "also".

I hope this makes sense.

So basically this is just setting the goalpost for the metering, I suspect.

Most cameras do not have this.

Think of it this way. A photographer in M mode meters the scene, sets his settings, then decides that maybe he wants +2/3 or +2 stops. He hits the EV button, which in this case allows him to set an offset and he can then adjust his settings to match.

Think of it this way. A photographer in M mode meters the scene, sets his settings, then decides that maybe he wants +2/3 or +2 stops. He hits the EV button, which in this case allows him to set an offset and he can then adjust his settings to match.

But it is very much worth a good mention that this is not a feature found on all cameras.

But it is very much worth a good mention that this is not a feature found on all cameras.

Indeed. On Canon systems the button for EV gets a different function. The xxxD series uses this button in M for setting aperture (press button + turn dial [there's only 1). Setting shutter speed in M only uses the dial.

One quick question: if TS camera does not have the elusive feature which some had mentioned that only possibly a Nikon camera has it, then how is that lengthy debate going to help TS to understand anything at all??

One quick question: if TS camera does not have the elusive feature which some had mentioned that only possibly a Nikon camera has it, then how is that lengthy debate going to help TS to understand anything at all??

The initial part of this thread has enough answers for TS.

Given that TS doesn't have EV compensation in manual, he can ignore the "debate".