Make-to-order Slave Flash for digital camera, anyone interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
A local flash manufactuer is able to produce flash that satisfy your requirement.

I was enquiring about the slave flash for F707 (more info can be found here http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1913 )

and i found out that this company can custom make a flash for me, at an affordable price!

Since the slave flash i mentioned above only have a GN of 24, the manufacturer can make a flash of GN40 (in meters) for me (at ard $90). but it requires a bigger flash body.

i can choose a body that have handle or no handle, zoom or no zoom, swivel or no-swivel. What do you guys suggest??

Since my camera does not support TTL flash, will GN 40 too powerful for an object that is not too far?

If there are more order, i will be able to get a lower price.

This is just an auto flash, so the flash will adjust the power with its own sensor. There are TTL flash too, which is about $100+ (direct from manufacturer's price)

as I mentioned in that thread, does the flash come with a light sensor? A $25 one I bought has it so it's not expensive to incorporate one. Also, is the GN in metres or feet?

132af.jpg

Kamwai, I am interested as long as it can work on my C2040 as bounce Flash. Can they customise the bouncer also?

BTW, I think I said a number of time to you I am interested but I am lost now as to what am I commited?:confused:

p/s. Good thing I didn't say I do, other wise my wife will skin me a live.:bsmilie:

Originally posted by Kevin
Kamwai, I am interested as long as it can work on my C2040 as bounce Flash. Can they customise the bouncer also?

BTW, I think I said a number of time to you I am interested but I am lost now as to what am I commited?:confused:

p/s. Good thing I didn't say I do, other wise my wife will skin me a live.:bsmilie:

hmm... actually you just need a slave flash trigger that can be programmed not to trigger on the preflash. Then, you could use most flash out there!

Originally posted by mpenza
as I mentioned in that thread, does the flash come with a light sensor? A $25 one I bought has it so it's not expensive to incorporate one. Also, is the GN in metres or feet?

yes, there are TWO light sensor so that the flash can adjust it's power

Correction : The GN 40 i mentioned means 40 meters at ISO100 (132 feets)

hmm... actually you just need a slave flash trigger that can be programmed not to trigger on the preflash. Then, you could use most flash out there!

but i can't find such a slave flash trigger out there...where can u find them? how mich is it?

handle version is like this

ps2000.jpg

note the adapter at the bottom? it is for camera which DON'T have any hot shoe, u can still attach external flash there....eg. those point and shoot camera.

the adapter is included free...a PC sync cable also included

i am not earning a cent from all this...i really want to get a CHEAP and Powerful flash for myself...

If there are more pple ordering, it can help to lower the production cost. Pls PM me with your contact and your requirement (Your preferred GN? handle version??)

I am ordering 40GN, non-handle version
- it can zoom
- it has auto power sensors
- it can swivel left, right, up, down
- pc sync cord, dummy flash attachment included
- Price is $90

Thanks KC, but forgive my ignorance, what is a "slave flash trigger"? Where can I see a sample pix. If I can't find this trigger, does it mean I can't buy the custom made Flash?

Thanks KC, but forgive my ignorance, what is a "slave flash trigger"? Where can I see a sample pix. If I can't find this trigger, does it mean I can't buy the custom made Flash?

no...u dun need this trigger, cos the flash itself already have this circuit build in, u can set the slave flash to trigger on 1st flash or 2nd flash.

I have checked with the engineers, he say that their flash works by sensoring for the 2nd flash in those camera with have pre-flash, and not just add a delay after it sense the pre-flash.

For those camera that dun give out pre-flash, this flash also can work because u can set it to fire on the 1st flash too.

If your camera make use of Sync cord for triggering, u can use the provide cable to connect to this flash too.

btw, the flash flash trigger u mentioned is soemthing like this

fake-slave.jpg

The cheapest i can found is about $40-50, but i cannot find one which let u to set a delay (if there is one, i won't spend so much time to serach for a compatible flash already)
Anyway, even u have this flash trigger, u still need to buy a flash unit to attach to it. Where as for this flash, it already have the circuit build in.

I feel GN40 feet is really quite weak. I had one that's GN50 and yearn for more.... and ended up with GN105 flash.

How much is the handle version?

I feel the handle version is more worth it. The flash might not be as powerful but you could attach another flash on top that triggers at the same time(e.g. Achiever 260T GN88, bounce for $35). And you could have the best of both world!!!

Thanks Kamwai and KC for all the explanation.

Yes, Kamwai, I STILL want one.

I am ordering 40GN, Handle version
- it can zoom
- it has auto power sensors
- it can swivel left, right, up, down
- It has slave flash trigger built-in
- pc sync cord, dummy flash attachment included
- Price is $90

3 more qns, hehe. Newbie lah.
1. My C2040 has a connection outlet to external flash but it is not PC sync format. It is a Oly propriotry format. Can they customise it to work, if I take the TTL version?
2. The dummy flash attachment is it the hot shoes on top of the flash?

Thanks--

:)

3 more qns, hehe. Newbie lah.
1. My C2040 has a connection outlet to external flash but it is not PC sync format. It is a Oly propriotry format. Can they customise it to work?

actually you could have gotten the cable from Olympus and get an external flash instead. direct trigger is probably better than slave trigger and it's easier to control the exposure.

SORRY GUYS!!

All the GN i mentioned above are all in METERS, not FEET

u may take a look at

http://www.suntax.com.sg/product_display.asp?inproducttype=Auto-Focus+TTL+System

the body for non-handle version is the same as 132AF in the above page.

that body can support GN of 32m/105ft or 40m/132ft

40m/132ft is the maximum that the company produce, i dun think there is GN50

btw, all the flash comes with 1 year warranty, so dun worry.

I have a Suntax 9000 flash since 1990, and it is still working fine

actually you could have gotten the cable from Olympus and get an external flash instead. direct trigger is probably better than slave trigger and it's easier to control the exposure.

yes, i agree that cable trigger is better, but how much is Oly propriotry flash??

sony flash is $170, that's why i confirm getting this GN40m flash at only $90.

Kamwai, what is the different between this diffuser and bounce card?
Originally posted by kamwai
should i get a diffuser from them as well?? or can DIY?? how much is this selling outside??

Ob100.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.