LX5 - Availability in Singapore & elsewhere

Just checked the settings of the photo after saving it down, F/5, 1/1000s. Hmmm, it's not motion blur then. Guess have to see other photos to see if it is really corner softness or just an isolated photo.

Last edited:
I suspect is slight de-centering of the lens barrel.

I suspect is slight de-centering of the lens barrel.

Likely - but it's kinda unfortunate for it's an official sample after all. The Samsung EX1 sample used by PhotographyBlog also showed something similar.

Saw the LX5, already selling in Hong Kong

Whats the retail price over in HK? Any discount?

I only saw it at the airport which is alway more expensive than the local price. HKD4800 was the tagged price but I'm sure it be lots more cheaper in HK itself.

my friend say,HKD4590 ard:think:

I'm not sure about other brands but Panasonic and Olympus have worldwide international warranty.

Hi, is the warranty valid in Singapore? Roughly how much is it in Sing?

Thank you.

Thanks! The price is certainly steep... i think it should be cheaper from other HK retailers.

While we are on the subject of pricing, anyone knows if cameras from duty free shops @ Changi airport are worth getting?

I only saw it at the airport which is alway more expensive than the local price. HKD4800 was the tagged price but I'm sure it be lots more cheaper in HK itself.

Last edited:
Singapore website RRP is 799 ...

Most important information..... WHEN!

Wah, so ex? ;(

Correction, conversion rate shld b ard 5.75 which makes it ard SGD$800

Thanks! The price is certainly steep... i think it should be cheaper from other HK retailers.

While we are on the subject of pricing, anyone knows if cameras from duty free shops @ Changi airport are worth getting?

Most electronics are sold at Retailer suggested price minus GST. And u have to buy it on ur out going flights only. U can't buy them on ur return trip unless u pay GST for it.

I'm leaving on the 14th of Sept, the day that the LX5 will be launched in Singapore. I'm hoping to grab it in time for the trip. :sweat:

Correction, conversion rate shld b ard 5.75 which makes it ard SGD$800

Most electronics are sold at Retailer suggested price minus GST. And u have to buy it on ur out going flights only. U can't buy them on ur return trip unless u pay GST for it.