LX5 - Availability in Singapore & elsewhere

Today's paper, Panny is offering bag+ 8gb card for lx5

I saw mustafa selling at 679, comes with 8gb SD and case. Not sure what other freebies. Local warranty set.

hey which shop is offering $638 for lx5? inclusive of sd card?

what's the difference between LX5 and LX5K? any differences?

The white body LX5 (not sure whether got black body) is being sold at $669 with 8GB Sd card and case at the Harvey Norman warehouse sale at EMS Building in Jurong this weekend.

They'll throw in a screen protector and mini tripod if you ask for it. I didn't ask, but think should be able to pay by credit card.

Parking is a bit of a hassle though, as quite crowded. Their ad stated it's just 5 mins walking distance from Joo Koon MRT.

Hi. I think Credit card will be able. If you think is crowd. You can try funan.
Does Funan HN sells at the same price as the warehouse sale? Thks

The best place to buy LX5 is in Singapore! HK & US are selling more Expensive than SIN (about $100 more!).

over the weekend i saw selling in City Square, JB, saw the price tag RM 1899, so abt S$800 !!

The best place to buy LX5 is in Singapore! HK & US are selling more Expensive than SIN (about $100 more!).

over the weekend i saw selling in City Square, JB, saw the price tag RM 1899, so abt S$800 !!

Yes, in Dec in Subang Jaya, the best price offered was RM1899 with a Panasonic gift back of cleaning cloth, blower, etc...Pricing in Singapore is still better at S$660 or thereabout. I still don't understand why with a lower labor cost and lower office rental, the cost is still higher. Maybe the volume pushed out to consumers is lower, because Sgp has a lot of tourists buying. This is my experience even with DSLR. Only good thing is the Malaysian camera magazines - at RM9, the quality is 50% from UK and 50% from Msia. Good buy.

Around Xmas at The Gardens, Mid Valley (KL, Malaysia) I saw a shop selling Rm1'699 which is about S$680.
Reason why it is cheaper here is because we have no (or much less) import duty . . I think.

As for magazines, I think you will do well to subscribe directly. My motorcycle magazines come direct from the USA and each copy is about S$3 whereas the shops sell at $13 each!
The risk is that sometimes the magazines never arrive - I suspect someone here stole them cos the magazines come in clear plastic envelopes.

Last edited:
i bought mine for 630 at funan, i think it was cheap compared to other shop. comes with 8 gb sd card. but how much is the extra battery? he charged me for $70

i bought mine for 630 at funan, i think it was cheap compared to other shop. comes with 8 gb sd card. but how much is the extra battery? he charged me for $70

$599 at MSC & buy 8G SD card from Giant at $20.90. Total=$620
$70 must be panasonic original battery.

I bought mine in Dec for $749 c/w mini tripod, 8gb sd, 16gb sd, original case, travel case, extra battery (non-original), cleaning kit and GARskin.

Does anyone know of a place that sells the right-size screen protector for LX5 and the staff can do a good job of applying it for me?

I also want to get a handstrap because don't like the neck strap provided. Any recommendation?

Last edited:
Btw, my spare battery is ittou brand. Is it reliable?

torrent said:
I bought mine in Dec for $749 c/w mini tripod, 8gb sd, 16gb sd, original case, travel case, extra battery (non-original), cleaning kit and GARskin.

Does anyone know of a place that sells the right-size screen protector for LX5 and the staff can do a good job of applying it for me?

I also want to get a handstrap because don't like the neck strap provided. Any recommendation?

I'm looking for handstrap too. Don't like hanging the camera on my neck.

Just bought 8gb SD, original leather case-CLX5, hard travel case, cleaning kit and GARskin for $608 from Alan Photo