LX5 - Availability in Singapore & elsewhere

see you there tonight!

i am going there too
gonna get cash and buy the camera. haha

If it is true, there is no hurry -- every other shop will soon match their price.

If it is not true -- they'll just cook up a story -- oh that 585 price is for a display model only but you are too late, sold already!

If it is true, there is no hurry -- every other shop will soon match their price.

If it is not true -- they'll just cook up a story -- oh that 585 price is for a display model only but you are too late, sold already!
no stock. easily the most commonly used excuse.

Just call AlanP and quoted S$680 and asking me which sale person give S$585 and please let me know his/her name too (PM me, please).

I would like to get one soon.

John

o.o you sure is S$585?

Why would people believe in Alan Photo ?

:sweatsm: good question :sweatsm:

But in the camera business so far everyone is the same, they'll chop you faster than a teenage gang would if you let them...

From the feedback all over this forum, neither MSC or cathay can be said to be better? It all boils down to the individual buyer and salesman???

Ok Guys
I agree with Astin. why should we even believe Alan Photo. I swear never ever buying from them again.
Prior to my going down i called them in particular Derrick, the salesman, Funan and he said $585 cash and the LX5 is mine. i wanted a white one and he said there are stocks.
when i wen there after work, there he was, slowly taking out the box and the stuffs and showed me and i was ready to pay ..... lo and behold he said its $680.00 i jolted his memory and he told me in no fewer than 5 times that it is going for $585.00 I was there the evening before last was with a friend and my friend confirmed he said $585.00
Without batting an eyelid, he just said sorry he made a mistake and its supposed to be $680.00 and he will throw in screen protector.
That's really not happening. Waste my frickin time. i am beside myself with anger.

well if the deal is too good to be true then it is prob not happening. other shops selling around 680, you think they will sell 585? he prob made a mistake. give or take. As least he told you he made a mistake and "not tell you "585 but no stock

As least he told you he made a mistake and "not tell you "585 but no stock

He can do this because there is no consumer protection law to make him honor his "mistake".

In N.America there is greater consumer protection, even a 14 day satisfaction guarantee, no questions asked return policy is standard almost everywhere in retail business.

Sg got a long way to go in service standards...:rolleyes:

Ok Guys
I agree with Astin. why should we even believe Alan Photo. I swear never ever buying from them again.
Prior to my going down i called them in particular Derrick, the salesman, Funan and he said $585 cash and the LX5 is mine. i wanted a white one and he said there are stocks.
when i wen there after work, there he was, slowly taking out the box and the stuffs and showed me and i was ready to pay ..... lo and behold he said its $680.00 i jolted his memory and he told me in no fewer than 5 times that it is going for $585.00 I was there the evening before last was with a friend and my friend confirmed he said $585.00
Without batting an eyelid, he just said sorry he made a mistake and its supposed to be $680.00 and he will throw in screen protector.
That's really not happening. Waste my frickin time. i am beside myself with anger.

I pay $660 for it, and the screen protector is $15. I paid for a 3rd party battery for $49, and a 16G Sandisk for $40 at another shop. I suppose this is about as best I could get; and usually they make back from accessories; where you let your guard down on bargaining. Otherwise, gotten all the Panasonic stuff, including the leather cover.

Think $585 maybe can get from eBay. I haven't heard anyone who can get it from a retailer here.

after contemplating for months, and after reading this thread ytd at work and finding out about the free gifts, i went to tk photo after work to make my purchase. Am now a proud owner of the LX 5!! Yay!!

Tmrw gonna collect the free gifts. :D

Hi All,

Opinion needed, what's the decision, beside $, is Panasonic LX5 and Leica DLux 5 almost similar ?
What's the great difference ?

Thank you and appreciated.

after contemplating for months, and after reading this thread ytd at work and finding out about the free gifts, i went to tk photo after work to make my purchase. Am now a proud owner of the LX 5!! Yay!!

Tmrw gonna collect the free gifts. :D

Hi bro care to share how much and what was bundled with this?

Hey,

I had 2 pms asking about the price and bundle that comes with it.

I bought it for $680 still. Comes with the 8GB card, screen protector and the semi hard case from TK. then was told to go to Panasonic to redeem the leather case, gar skin and travel kit. promotion till 31st dec but redemption till end of jan 2011 as advised by TK.

Go get yours now!!

well if the deal is too good to be true then it is prob not happening. other shops selling around 680, you think they will sell 585? he prob made a mistake. give or take. As least he told you he made a mistake and "not tell you "585 but no stock

sorry hor, as I mention before in my reply; it is just a trick to get us there. Alan Photo did it on purposed. When the cat is out of the bag, he will just says it is a mistake. Waste everybody time. You are not the person who suffer, you doesn't feel betrayed.

1. Internally, all the same.
2. Leica, u pay more for bundled copy of lightroom + branding (ie. higher resale) + much more classic look.

If you just want cheapest + all the function, get lx5. If you want the feeling of the leica name, branding, etc, along with the good functionality of lx5, get the dlux5.

I just got the DLUX5 as a gift, and really like it a lot. At the end of the day, its how the camerea makes u feel when u take the shots that justifies the price.

Previously, i got a lx3, the feeling when i shot with it was "pretty good cam for reasonable price". Now i got dlux5 the feeling is somehow different with the leica branding. Quite hard to explain until u try :)

Hi All,

Opinion needed, what's the decision, beside $, is Panasonic LX5 and Leica DLux 5 almost similar ?
What's the great difference ?

Thank you and appreciated.