LX3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the wide angle is great. As to the 2.5x zoom, I guess you really have to get real close to your subject if you are taking potraits. But you can increase the zoom up to 4.5x (at the expense of no. of pixels) using the so called Extra Optical Zoom (EZ in short). Oh well, the pic quality is still good though just that the pixel rate is lower. ;)

Actually the wide angle is great. As to the 2.5x zoom, I guess you really have to get real close to your subject if you are taking potraits. But you can increase the zoom up to 4.5x (at the expense of no. of pixels) using the so called Extra Optical Zoom (EZ in short). Oh well, the pic quality is still good though just that the pixel rate is lower. ;)

which is also called cropping..

Yeah...But there are alot of discussion on this EZ function. Some say its like digital zoom, some say its in-cam cropping. Its up to the user if it is acceptable though.

Understand that this is LX3 thread. Just side track a bit. what do u guys think of FX38? 25mm is still pretty good but the zoom is definitely better i.e. 5X. It seems that there is not much discussion on this model. I do understand that LX3 besides the 24mm, it also has F2 which is a :thumbsup: point. anyone has experience in the FX38?

Last edited:
Was quoted by ms color today with 4gb card and the orginal leather case for $685 after GST. May I know is that a good price?

Thanks

This is an excellent price if the case is the LX3 one, which costs almost 100 bucks.

May I know what is so good or special about the case. Howcome everyone is vying for it?

well the casing is specially made for LX3. and it is made of leather which give a classic look!

yes... $685 is a damn good price... i should have waited for a bit longer :what::what::what:

well the casing is specially made for LX3. and it is made of leather which give a classic look!

yes... $685 is a damn good price... i should have waited for a bit longer :what::what::what:

Haiz... me too... paid $695 for it without LX3 case. Then again, with adaptor on cannot use the case too... :bsmilie:

Henessy said:
Was quoted by ms color today with 4gb card and the orginal leather case for $685 after GST. May I know is that a good price?

Thanks

Do note that there are 2 original cases for the LX3. The DMWD-CLX3 is a boxed-shaped case and is cheaper. The DMW-CLX3 is shaped like the camera, with a circular protrusion for the lens. It is probably about 3 times the price of the first case.

But even if it's only the first case that they are giving, its a good deal seeing that the previous price without case is already more than what you were quoted.

If you do get the camera and case, let us know which is the case that is being given at the $685 price.

Do note that there are 2 original cases for the LX3. The DMWD-CLX3 is a boxed-shaped case and is cheaper. The DMW-CLX3 is shaped like the camera, with a circular protrusion for the lens. It is probably about 3 times the price of the first case.

But even if it's only the first case that they are giving, its a good deal seeing that the previous price without case is already more than what you were quoted.

If you do get the camera and case, let us know which is the case that is being given at the $685 price.

Ms Colour told me is the $99 case

went to try the LX3 today.... wow... the bokeh is superb....

but how does the Ricoh GX100 compare to LX3? any comments?

Brother did you get your new baby ? :bsmilie:

wow damn now this seems alot better then the mo price! i wonder if can mo for the case too. for those who bought previously from the mo to get a better price.

hi all, i cant seemed to find any information about under-water casing being built for this camera.

Is there such an existance for a underwater casing for this DMC-LX3? lumix original or 3rd parties like ikelite also can.

hi all, i cant seemed to find any information about under-water casing being built for this camera.

Is there such an existance for a underwater casing for this DMC-LX3? lumix original or 3rd parties like ikelite also can.

I don't think there's an underwater case for the LX3 yet.

any idea how long do they take to reply via e-quote? submitted last night...till now havent receive anything.... need to get it soon

By the second day you should be able to receive their reply. Call lah, faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.