LX3 and external flash...

I've just bought the Metz 20 C-2 and it does work with the LX3, price is $105 at K13 Marketing, Peninsula Plaza.

HTH.

Ohh thks for sharing....:sweatsm: which part of peninsula plaza is the shop? 2nd sty?

Hmm.... I wonder would anyone purchase a Olympus or Panasonic Flash just for his/her LX3? :think:

I have two of Olympus flash units & both of them fit nicely although I prefer the tiny FL20 to the FL36.

Here's a picture I took but I only got the camera yesterday & haven't had a chance to play with it yet. Please excuse the quality as I used my mobile to take the picture quickly to post here.

pic094sh5.jpg

hi this one can swivel for bouncing purposes?

my sb600 a bit big for the baby lx3

looks like cant swivel. if you think your sb600 looks big...what about my sb800? :bsmilie:

Curious... how much is the FL-20? :)

It costs about RM450 when I got it years ago (2005, I think). It can't swivel so I guess with some ingenuinity, you may configure white cards to attach to the flash for bounce. I have a friend who did that for his DSLR & he takes excellent macro subjects.

I got this camera primarily for underwater photography as I'm required to travel solo on most excursions & expeditions so everything has got to be small & compact without the need of strobes. F2.0 gives me enough opening to do that.

It costs about RM450 when I got it years ago (2005, I think). It can't swivel so I guess with some ingenuinity, you may configure white cards to attach to the flash for bounce. I have a friend who did that for his DSLR & he takes excellent macro subjects.

Thanks for the info.. :)

One of my mates got his Sunpak flash from K-13 at peninsula, dunno was it the PF30X. He was looking for a cheap bounce flash unit and it was retailing for about 120- or 150 dollars. Pretty nice IMO, and works well with the LX3 with a diffuser cap attached. And a smaller than my SB-600 too
I on the other hand am using the Nikon SB-600 and SB-800 on my LX3 with no problems. Works beautifully...

pretty new to compacts

is there a flash that looks decent on the lx3? no point carry a small cam and a gigantic flash right?

thanks ppl!

One of my mates got his Sunpak flash from K-13 at peninsula, dunno was it the PF30X. He was looking for a cheap bounce flash unit and it was retailing for about 120- or 150 dollars. Pretty nice IMO, and works well with the LX3 with a diffuser cap attached. And a smaller than my SB-600 too
I on the other hand am using the Nikon SB-600 and SB-800 on my LX3 with no problems. Works beautifully...

your SB600 and SB800 do not have TTL with the LX3 right ?

a bit too troublesome to trial n error...
would prefer one with TTL ...
got one brand called Targus or something like that from another thread and the TS say got TTL....

another other brand ?

ohh thks for sharing....:sweatsm: Which part of peninsula plaza is the shop? 2nd sty?

support ttl? BTW, how much is DMW-FL220 selling in Singapore and where to get?

Last edited:
Olympus Flash FL20 support TTL on a Lumix LX3? Can anyone tell me? Thanks!

hey guys. i got a Lomo Colorsplash flash. its only got one little metal connector dot at the bottom of it, and slides in the hotshoe easily. but i cant get the LX3 to show ext flash or fire it anyway.

any tips? :dunno:

i'm having this problem too... the lx3 indicates that there's a flash attached. but i can't fire it... no matter what settings i try.

FL20 can be bought in the market at around S$120. Unfortunately, does not support TTL. FL220, I got it for S$214. Excellent with TTL to make picture perfect exposure. Made in Indonesia though.

hey guys. i got a Lomo Colorsplash flash. its only got one little metal connector dot at the bottom of it, and slides in the hotshoe easily. but i cant get the LX3 to show ext flash or fire it anyway.

any tips? :dunno:

tried with my friend's coloursplash too.. the problem is that it doesn't fit exactly, ie there is a tiny gap between the sides of the hotshoe and the metal connection on the flash.. a small piece of aluminium foil to bridge that gap should work, try at your own risk though..

Using my Olympus FL-36 on Leica Dlux4. Works with full TTL function. Doesnt look as awkward as i thot it might.

Just wondering, does this camera support the wireless function of the 36R and 50R?

Another alternative to TTL bounce, you can use that FL20 with a cable. Just a suggestion.