LX2 going to ROCK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
weekh said:
U prompted me to check out the cam at ISO 1600.

Actually LX2 at ISO 1600 not that bad if u shoot RAW and run noise reduction:
http://www.lens-scape.com/article/lx2/1600-compare.jpg
http://www.lens-scape.com/article/lx2/1600-compare-1.jpg
To be honest.. I think the JPG from camera does a better job than NN. But that's my personal opinion. Kind of prefer the watercolour effect more than the patchy colour artifacts from NN. Sure NN gives a sharper image, but noise is still evident. I believe the watercolour effect is somehow more artistically pleasing to the eye than the NN image and I have not manage to spot any detail which NN could extract that the LX2 has missed out yet. What do you think?

Hi all,
Surely LX1 or LX2 is great to have them...........What deter me from buying
is doesn't have filter attachment to protect its len.
Do you guys know whether a filter from others is attachable to LXs?

peterios said:
Hi all,
Surely LX1 or LX2 is great to have them...........What deter me from buying
is doesn't have filter attachment to protect its len.
Do you guys know whether a filter from others is attachable to LXs?

Looking at the camera build, i dont really think so... But well, it is only to be expected since it is a compact camera...

good day people..

can we have some more of night shots taken wif LX2? i'm very tempted to buy but needs a bit more convincing..

any shots will do, don't need to crop.... are there other than master weekh who own a LX2 beauty? or can pm me ur pics also if u mind of being criticise.. ;)

many many thanks in advance..

Wolfgang said:
Looking at the camera build, i dont really think so... But well, it is only to be expected since it is a compact camera...

TQ for your response Wolfgang. What's wondering in mind is that surely the manufacturer
of LX1 or LX2 would consider the protection of its lenses, accessories like filter,
etc. Surely, I am one that jst shoot and shoot. Often than not would try to avoid touching the len of the camera, there's always a but.....accidentally or not knowingly touching its len sometimes. I am not a "camera-man",more often i am a photographer in place.

peterios said:
TQ for your response Wolfgang. What's wondering in mind is that surely the manufacturer
of LX1 or LX2 would consider the protection of its lenses, accessories like filter,
etc. Surely, I am one that jst shoot and shoot. Often than not would try to avoid touching the len of the camera, there's always a but.....accidentally or not knowingly touching its len sometimes. I am not a "camera-man",more often i am a photographer in place.
Very interesting.. I used before the Canon S80 with a sliding lens cover and I find myself having the tend ency to touch the lens accidentally especially when it gets fully retracted and the cover not closed.

Unlike the S80, the lens of the LX-2 (or LX-1) still has a protrusion which actually prevents your finger from accedentally touching it when it is retracted. Initially, I thought the protrusion might be cumbersome, but on hindsight, I think it does serve a purpose. ;) So I guess a filter is not really necessary but good to have if some care is put in when handling the camera.

eejal said:
good day people..

can we have some more of night shots taken wif LX2? i'm very tempted to buy but needs a bit more convincing..

any shots will do, don't need to crop.... are there other than master weekh who own a LX2 beauty? or can pm me ur pics also if u mind of being criticise.. ;)

many many thanks in advance..

I've posted the shot at here :)

Very interesting.. I used before the Canon S80 with a sliding lens cover and I find myself having the tend ency to touch the lens accidentally especially when it gets fully retracted and the cover not closed.

Unlike the S80, the lens of the LX-2 (or LX-1) still has a protrusion which actually prevents your finger from accedentally touching it when it is retracted. Initially, I thought the protrusion might be cumbersome, but on hindsight, I think it does serve a purpose. ;) So I guess a filter is not really necessary but good to have if some care is put in when handling the camera.

Hi Friend,
Certainly agree with you. Hope, someone had tried with a filter in place and let us know.

Beginning to like this machine more and more...;)
Converted from RAW with Silky.

ISO100 F4 1/20 mega ois at work and ...with help from PS...
256211441_d24ae16855_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jocaleb/256211441/

To be honest.. I think the JPG from camera does a better job than NN. But that's my personal opinion. Kind of prefer the watercolour effect more than the patchy colour artifacts from NN. Sure NN gives a sharper image, but noise is still evident. I believe the watercolour effect is somehow more artistically pleasing to the eye than the NN image and I have not manage to spot any detail which NN could extract that the LX2 has missed out yet. What do you think?

first time I read someone prefer water colour NR effect :sweat:

Well.. there are people who prefer film grain to digital noise, right? ;) Anyway, all these are just like trying to find bones in an egg.

im not surprise... i actually prefer it slightly as well... sometimes i really hate it when too much Noise Ninja is applied, it makes the whole pic looks like highly stressed out with very obvious jpeg artifact under close look.

im not surprise... i actually prefer it slightly as well... sometimes i really hate it when too much Noise Ninja is applied, it makes the whole pic looks like highly stressed out with very obvious jpeg artifact under close look.

noise ninja can control chroma and luminance NR wat. jus reduce chroma, no sharpening, and dun do anything to reduce luminance loh.

also can selectively select where to NR, be it both chroma and luminace or selective.

just my view:)

noise ninja can control chroma and luminance NR wat. jus reduce chroma, no sharpening, and dun do anything to reduce luminance loh.

also can selectively select where to NR, be it both chroma and luminace or selective.

just my view:)
yup, but im talking about the example in the previous few post. the NN effect is just too strong making all the jpeg artifacts come out.

This picture is ALIVEEEE....:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

Beginning to like this machine more and more...;)
Converted from RAW with Silky.

ISO100 F4 1/20 mega ois at work and ...with help from PS...
253044457_2c959f0b76_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/micah4_sg/253044457

This picture is ALIVEEEE....:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:
eejal...pic location moved, so gone missing in ur quote - here's the restored one:

256211441_d24ae16855_o.jpg

glad u 'like' it. ;) guess nothing in the market currently can better the LX2 (save LX1 of coz) for this type and size of compact with it's unique RAW files, 28mm WA, full manual features and 16x9 format.

just got mine finally...quite small surprisingly. Havent took any pics yet. Gonna pass it to my wife :p

Got a bundled 1gb Kingston card. Any idea what speed is it?

just got mine finally...quite small surprisingly. Havent took any pics yet. Gonna pass it to my wife :p

Got a bundled 1gb Kingston card. Any idea what speed is it?
welcome to the LXs 'club'...u mean u not gonna use it urself?

the 1GB shld be a normal speed sdcard...if u take RAW, it's going to take about 20secs to finish writing from the moment u shoot...get a HS one like the Sandisk Extreme III or Kingston Ultimate (133x), which will give u about 3-4secs. between shots. With Transcend 150x u're looking at 4-5secs.

welcome to the LXs 'club'...u mean u not gonna use it urself?

the 1GB shld be a normal speed sdcard...if u take RAW, it's going to take about 20secs to finish writing from the moment u shoot...get a HS one like the Sandisk Extreme III or Kingston Ultimate (133x), which will give u about 3-4secs. between shots. With Transcend 150x u're looking at 4-5secs.

Ya passing to my wife :p cos i Canon 20D user la...this one i bought to upgrade from an older Casio EXLIM 3mp camera lol. How much are the sandisk ones? Sounds ex for a 2GB...

Status
Not open for further replies.