Lumix DMC-TZ3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is TZ3 compared to Fufifilm S6500? Which is more value for money?

MsBunny, I think you worry too much. Life is never perfect, not just in photography. It's good to know limitations and work around them. In fact, sometimes I love them cos bcos they make me think.

We've had it very good already. You go read what photography was like in the early 1900's or even in the 80's and 90's and you know we've come a long way in camera design and sophistication.

So don't worry so much. If you still do, then maybe photography isn't your interest or specialty.

but i'm just wondering ...

other than the obvious "pros", any hidden "cons" with this sort of purchase?
i'm a little wary because this is a shop in lucky plaza.

hi, u got your TZ3 already? Actually I am quite curious about this phase, can somebody tell me what is this mean? :confused: Is it not encouraged to buy DC in there? I am not familiar with SG and this made me quite nervous… :(

How is TZ3 compared to Fufifilm S6500? Which is more value for money?

in terms of camera size, TZ3 is more portable. in terms of picture quality s6500 wins hands down. tis is especially so when both cameras hit high iso (eg. in low light conditions), TZ3 will win hands down with the higher noise level.;)

i would rather buy s6500, which costs less than 600.

MsBunny, I think you worry too much. Life is never perfect, not just in photography. It's good to know limitations and work around them. In fact, sometimes I love them cos bcos they make me think.

We've had it very good already. You go read what photography was like in the early 1900's or even in the 80's and 90's and you know we've come a long way in camera design and sophistication.

So don't worry so much. If you still do, then maybe photography isn't your interest or specialty.

true.. maybe I am really too greedy for the "good-to-have" features.
I was always lamenting how the quality of the pictures taken years ago on film were so much better as compared to the digital ones now, and less worries too (at least I won't be retaking some of the photos like now, as I tend to have the mentality that I still can delete and/or choose the better pictures later.) And somehow I treasure those pictures developed through films more. Nowadays, most picture stays undeveloped in my PC harddrive or CDs. :embrass:

But when reading through the dpreviews forum and their user reviews, it's interesting to note that this 'pattern' of myself wanting everything in a camera is so dominant in many people too, even the pros. most of the proclaimed 'pros' in dpreview forums have and own many P&S for different occassions or even confessed that they'll bring more than 2 for the same occassion plus their SLRs! Eg.TZ3 and/or R6 for general outdoor and zoom, Fuji f30/31 for low light, etc. :sweatsm:

How I wish I can have xiao ding dang sometimes... :bsmilie:

I try to call some shop in Lucky Plaza to check the price for the TZ3, most of them r out of the stock. One of the shops tells me the price is SGD 500 b4 GTS, not include sd card and case, made in China, local warranty... sound attractive… it is ok to buy?:think:

What is the different between made in Japan and made in China? :dunno: (I care more about the product quality) I heard that even they say ‘made in Japan’ but some or many part of the camera r still made in China, is it true?

hi, newbie here..
anyone know of where can i get good deal for Lumix DMC-TZ3, price and freebie etc. ?
thanks in advance!

as far as TZ3 is concerned, i never heard of it being made in china. if u wanna buy japan pdts, have to pay for the "made in japan" price. i dun see much diff bwt made in china and made in japan. so long, u take gd care of ur camera, nth will gone wrong. thousands of pieces of cameras are made in china, people are still buying. so no worries.

do u nd long zoom?? if nt can consider fujifilm f31fd.

as far as TZ3 is concerned, i never heard of it being made in china. if u wanna buy japan pdts, have to pay for the "made in japan" price. i dun see much diff bwt made in china and made in japan. so long, u take gd care of ur camera, nth will gone wrong. thousands of pieces of cameras are made in china, people are still buying. so no worries.

do u nd long zoom?? if nt can consider fujifilm f31fd.

Thanks for ur opinion. Actually I plan to buy my first DC in last month, b4 this (or may be I should say until now…) I am still quite blurred about many spec for the DC.:confused: So I just base on the very general info of the DC (like zoom, mp, screen, price) to make my decision… when I search through the internet, TZ3 is the first DC that really catch my eyeball,:bigeyes: it is a ‘dream DC’ for me. After I c the review form dpreview, I just found that f31fd is also an amazing DC!:thumbsup: So until now I am still quite struggling to make my decision on which one to buy…:think: how I wish there is a p&s DC can combine strongpoint (long zoom+28mm+high quality picture+long life battery) for these two DC…

how I wish there is a p&s DC can combine strongpoint (long zoom+28mm+high quality picture+long life battery) for these two DC…

Your dream DC is available:

Fujifilm S6500fd
  • 10.7 x optical zoom
  • 28mm
  • same sensor as F31fd
  • 400 shots per charge on a set of NiMH rechargeables

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms6000fd/

Hey..

i got my lumix tz3 just 3 weeks ago from Cathay. I wonder if i'm cheated, cos based on the price i got and what u listed here i got it for a much higher price (even with gst incl.) got it for more than 600 bucks btw, with free gb card and case, thats all. :( What can i do? Anyway..its a great camera and companion for my trip to Oz ..wonderful antishake and it greatly helped in my night shots, albeit an amateurish one

I'll say Panasonic is ripping Singaporeans off. I bought my TZ3 in Tokyo for slightly more than $400.

well, I bought from them 2months ago at $600 with SD exclude case!

Hey..

i got my lumix tz3 just 3 weeks ago from Cathay. I wonder if i'm cheated, cos based on the price i got and what u listed here i got it for a much higher price (even with gst incl.) got it for more than 600 bucks btw, with free gb card and case, thats all. :( What can i do? Anyway..its a great camera and companion for my trip to Oz ..wonderful antishake and it greatly helped in my night shots, albeit an amateurish one

The general going price here in Australia (RRP) for the TZ3 is AUS$699 though you can do better at some shops.

Hey..

i got my lumix tz3 just 3 weeks ago from Cathay. I wonder if i'm cheated, cos based on the price i got and what u listed here i got it for a much higher price (even with gst incl.) got it for more than 600 bucks btw, with free gb card and case, thats all. :( What can i do?

You either got it at the then prevailing price or perhaps not at the cheapest price but "cheated" is not the appropriate word and one should not use that word freely.

Your dream DC is available:

Fujifilm S6500fd
  • 10.7 x optical zoom
  • 28mm
  • same sensor as F31fd
  • 400 shots per charge on a set of NiMH rechargeables

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms6000fd/

Wow, it also a good camera, tq about ur information. but may be it is too big for me…:bsmilie:

I heard that the original battery for tz3 is not that long-lasting (after full charge and use). Is it any other battery can be recommended to solve this ‘problem’?

My current LC33S Camera dropped into the pool when in A'Famosa last week. Tot of repairing but the cost will be too high for repair. So I am getting a sets of TZ3 together with a friend.

I hope to pool more set to negotiate for bundle offer and better price. Anyone interested pls list your name and contact here.

MS quoted $569 excl + 5%GST or $597/- w/ 2GB and GST. If order more set can further negotiate for case and/or better pricing.

Name Contact
Andrew (x2) 98000238

Just curious why no one is getting from Mustafa, they are selling at $599 (cheapest).
Cathay is quoting at $620 but out of stock.
Alan Photo is quoting at $575, also out of stock.

Can anyone post night shot photos for comparison?

I'm still contemplating between FX01 and TZ3, do we really need 10x Optical Zoom?

Hope someone can help me on this. Cheers!

Just curious why no one is getting from Mustafa, they are selling at $599 (cheapest).
Cathay is quoting at $620 but out of stock.
Alan Photo is quoting at $575, also out of stock.

Can anyone post night shot photos for comparison?

I'm still contemplating between FX01 and TZ3, do we really need 10x Optical Zoom?

Hope someone can help me on this. Cheers!

Alan Photo $575 inclusive of 5% GST? Just Receive a quote from MS $569 excl. 5%GST. or $597/- w/ 2GB and GST.

If order more set can get further discount.

New Update...

Quoted by another shop @ SGD549 incl. GST with standard packing w/ 1GB SD card. The shop will throw in camera case if more than 5 set per order.... have to purchase on or before 30 Jun 07, else additional 2% will be charged.

New Stock will arrived on Wednesday... Colour not confirm yet as the camera is now out of stock and is based on allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.