LP-E5 battery and charger still available?

Soundaholic

Jan 28, 2010
Ha Noi, Vietnam, Vietnam
So other day my battery charger (for LP-E5 for 500D) somehow exploded (with sound and sparks and everything) when I plugged it in, so I need to buy a new one. Decided to replace both my batteries as well because they're too old and can't contain a lot of juice per charge anymore. Anyone knows if local shops are still selling this model of battery and charger?

Best bet is buying it at the Canon shop.

Other shops only sell 3rd party batteries since almost 2 years ago. I manage to get my original batteries from then dde 2 yrs back.

So other day my battery charger (for LP-E5 for 500D) somehow exploded (with sound and sparks and everything) when I plugged it in, so I need to buy a new one. Decided to replace both my batteries as well because they're too old and can't contain a lot of juice per charge anymore. Anyone knows if local shops are still selling this model of battery and charger?

Explosion?... Sound?... Sparks?... Was this a genuine Canon branded charger and batteries? In any case, this is kind of scary. Thankfully no one was hurt.

I just upgraded from 500D. And so I have the charger and 2 battery packs LP-E5 available for sale. Original Canon accessories.