Looking for good digital cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
oo, thanx :)

anyway, my very first few pix are in this http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=98450#post98450

Anyway, here's my messy room :)

00000093.jpg

If u think that's bad...... wait til u see mine :bsmilie:

actually, when you ask me if i am Ling Nightsky, i immediately thought of isomers007 before i turned and look ;p
It was a very nice surprise... anyway, the moon shot didn't turn out good..... i still need to take lots of pix to improve. My cam is not good enough to take details of the moon, it just appears as a ball of bright light.

Hey Ling i actually have the same situation as you noe! I bought a lousy 40i yesterday at AP (for 635 with pouch and 64mb) n after reading this tread i quickly went to AP and change another model. Haha thank got they allow me to change and now i'm using the D 2030. really love it alot, much much much nicer.

-=Using of Digicam as webcam=-
Is it advisable?
An assay reply by Flare

Pop it on the docking bay, and all in the wired world can see me dig my nose and scratch my chest (pics I see from my firend's webcam). Other than the issue of forgetting to switch it off when the weather is too hot and showing your curves to the wired world while changing into something more comfortable, There are some more technical issues. Life spend of the CCD.

Someone in the forum mentioned that CCD lifespendnis typically around 40k images. And based on my timing, Ling, your are refreshing the webcam image at one every 10 seconds (or am I wrong?) That would be 6 images a minute, 360 images in an hour. And a typical day of surfing is of around 2 hours (I get glued to clubsnap for an hour everydy), that would be 720 images a day. In a month, that will reach 21600 images. You would hit 40k images in just 2 months... Though I believe a CCD is capable of surving for more than 40k images, are you willing to risk the electronic wear and tear of using it as a web cam?

Though, I don't think any of us would mind seeing you everyday but, this is something I just want to mention. Why not get a dedicated webcam that 5typically cost less than S$100.

P/S: All the old birds, does my analysis hold truth?

Haha and the service they provide is pretty good, but i think they are trying very hard to sell 40i, cos they are pushing very hard and even dare to tell me its 3.3mp true CCD! what nonsense.

Anyway i just post a nite shot i'd taken just now. This is debte for my C2040 so my hands shake alot. but i'll try to improve my skills very time. :)

Nite shot from my balcony
1.jpg

yes, i've heard it's not good to use digital cam as webcam... but i don't leave my webcam on for more than an hour... i usually just grab a few images and then upload via ftp.... which takes a few minutes. usually i don't go "live" coz i feel it's weird to have people watching me... that's why i don't tell people if i'm on cam or not.. haha!

last time when there's no buildings on the left of the picture, i can even see the fireworks from NDP lei..... but now all blocked liao..... :(

Originally posted by strength_n_honour
last time when there's no buildings on the left of the picture, i can even see the fireworks from NDP lei..... but now all blocked liao..... :(

u live near the railway station?

No, i live around bishan toa payoh there. :gbounce:

Hey by the way Ling just for your info this is the onli decent pic i can get with the 40i. the rest are so bad that i don't even dare to put up.

fuji.JPG

thank god both of us are not using it anymore. :)

And i wanna thank YOU! ;)

Originally posted by strength_n_honour
Haha and the service they provide is pretty good, but i think they are trying very hard to sell 40i, cos they are pushing very hard and even dare to tell me its 3.3mp true CCD! what nonsense.

Anyway i just post a nite shot i'd taken just now. This is debte for my C2040 so my hands shake alot. but i'll try to improve my skills very time. :)

Nite shot from my balcony

one of the advantages of living on a high floor...u get to see almost everything ard ur blk...i live on the 5th floor...and surrounded by soooo many other blks...next time i buy house...find somewhere near road...unblocked...hehe...and not forgetting on a high floor too ;)

I onli live on the 15th floor, but luckily cos my block is located on top of a high slope so it looks higher than 15th floor.

Haha toa payoh coming up with 40 story flats. butt the top floor and you can have a bird eye view on everywhere! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.