live view with D300

Status
Not open for further replies.

audibum

Oct 23, 2006
east
any thoughts on how useful will this be?

had my d300 for a bit now and never thought of using it. i wonder what sort of circumstance will this function be useful..macham white elephant in the cam.

It started not so long ago where cam mfg put the function into DSLR.

I do use it for studio/macro/landscape or static subject, zoom in then zoom out before decide to presss on the click. :dunno:

Live view works great when using manual-focus lenses on the D300 - focussing is really precise:D

I only love the ability to see WB changes on the fly. Shooting in LV is far from intuitive though, as the mirror still flips down when the shutter is pressed, and will not resume view after the image is taken. U have to press the shutter again. If only Nikon will release a firmware update.

Live view works great when using manual-focus lenses on the D300 - focussing is really precise:D

Yep.. agree with you. Especially when you are shooting macro mounted on a tripod.
To add, it is also useful when you shoot overhead shoot. No more trial and error

strange thing is that the lcd cannot move, if not, it would be even better for almost everything.

I only love the ability to see WB changes on the fly. Shooting in LV is far from intuitive though, as the mirror still flips down when the shutter is pressed, and will not resume view after the image is taken. U have to press the shutter again. If only Nikon will release a firmware update.

What irked me is that during half pressing to lock focus in the handheld mode, the mirror will flip down for the AF to work but it doesn't flip up again for me to recompose. I remember that in D3's implementation, the mirror will flip up again to resume the view after focus is locked.

So far... I find LV pretty cumbersome. The only time I've used it was when I was taking a landscape pic on a tripod, so instead of bending low and looking through the VF, I turned to LV to do the adjustment. After adjusting, I turned off the LV and used the cam as I normally do. I don't really like the way LV is implemented for the D300 as have been mentioned...

yes, LV is gonna remain a white elephant in my d300 for me...prolly use 10x a year hahaha

a little OT, but does changing exposure settings (shutter speed, aperture, ISO) change the LV pic, like make it darker or brighter?

Maybe over time when demand drive there maybe a wireless detachable LCD. :dunno:

btw there is 1, not sure if available in s'pore. detachable, but im not sure if its wireless (and it does cost over $400)

well if it's what the name suggests, it should be live view....

:)

I usually use live view when taking macro pictures. I use the tripod mode. A feature that's value for money right away for macro shooters like me.

Not sure when shooting portraiture if it would be helpful. I definitely think it is also useful for landscape.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.