Little India - I did not fight with the Indian man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
More shopping and strolling.

Interactions on the street.

Another shot of the view outside Mustafa Center before I called it a day.

Sjackal,
many creative shots. Some bold shots you have there that you dare go real close to the subjects. Good B/W processing.

How did you manage to shoot at waist level and yet be so precise with framing and focus?

Salute!

Sjackal,
many creative shots. Some bold shots you have there that you dare go real close to the subjects. Good B/W processing.

How did you manage to shoot at waist level and yet be so precise with framing and focus?

Salute!

Thank you sir. Glad to have you here.

Its a combination of several things and but basically its practise and practise. Eventually I start to get useable images and of course most hip shots needs to be corrected and cropped in photo editor. And then mixed with the normal shots, most viewers can't tell most of the time. :)

Last edited:
That antique seller shot is really great. Everything about it just... works.

The series is nice. Reportage style, informative, but lacking a little something. For example:
"How does it feels like, working for years in a foreign land thousands of miles away from home and family."
Why don't you show us? I don't really get a sense of how that feels by looking at that photo. Putting that emotion into the photography will help tons. But looking at photos of bored people is usually, well, boring.

I think you should also control your composition more. The picture of the old man on the tyre for example, his expression is incredibly strong but my eye can't concentrate on his face... It just darts around, and I quickly move on to the next picture. Show us what you are trying to tell us.

Last edited:
That antique seller shot is really great. Everything about it just... works.

The series is nice. Reportage style, informative, but lacking a little something. For example:
"How does it feels like, working for years in a foreign land thousands of miles away from home and family."
Why don't you show us? I don't really get a sense of how that feels by looking at that photo. Putting that emotion into the photography will help tons. But looking at photos of bored people is usually, well, boring.

I think you should also control your composition more. The picture of the old man on the tyre for example, his expression is incredibly strong but my eye can't concentrate on his face... It just darts around, and I quickly move on to the next picture. Show us what you are trying to tell us.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your comments and pointers. I will work harder on the composition. :)

For the foreign worker pic, thats my own interpretation; I saw melancholy in his eyes since his holding a phone I was thinking he might be homesick and wanted to call home. Heck, I wish his holding a family photo instead! :sweatsm:

Great series bro:thumbsup: I enjoyed myself going through all the photos. Post more.
Perhaps you might want to do away the selective coloring. Spoil the mood of the scene.

Great series bro:thumbsup: I enjoyed myself going through all the photos. Post more.
Perhaps you might want to do away the selective coloring. Spoil the mood of the scene.

Thanx for your comments! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.