Little India - I did not fight with the Indian man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the Antique Seller shot. Somehow the pose and the arrangement of objects at that moment strike me as fine-artsy.. sorry this layman cannot explain any more than that. ;)

Thanx for your kind comments.

Let's continue from yesterday. As mentioned, click on any pic below to visit my blog for the full version. Here goes again:

The streets of Little India are always bustled with human and vehicular traffic.

It is a place where people crosses the roads without much regard to traffic rules. Well they even stand right in the middle of the road and talk. So if you're driving around here you gotta be careful and watch out for people.

"Why are you taking my picture?"

A well dressed, cool looking couple. The guy looks very Bollywood.

A young girl with painted hands, known as Mehndi. Henna; a plant dye, is painted in designs and motifs onto the hands and feet. The Henna dyes a tannin color onto the skin which last for days. Indian women usually had their Mehndi done on the eve of a wedding. The bride's Mehndi will be the most intricate compared to her friends and relatives.

Who's the seat for?

Another scene of the daily bustle and hustle. Same place, same activities, just different people each day.

One of the countless foreign workers from India. Unlike the techno savvy IT expatriates from India, most of these workers came from the rural regions of India and they labor as construction workers here in Singapore. How does it feels like, working for years in a foreign land thousands of miles away from home and family.

A group of them watching a show from a television set displayed outside an electronics shop.

I headed on to Mustafa Center, the largest and most popular shopping center in Little India, operates 24 hours a day. Here's some dudes hanging outside Mustafa's.

Security guard doing his job. 'Sir, no bags please.' I guess Mustafa suffers significant losses due to pilferage, they have rather strict security measures for a shopping center. Bags are disallowed and you gotta leave them at the security counter. Otherwise they will cable-tie up whatever bags you're bringing inside their premise.

Right opposite these ladies is the watch department. Wife of some watch shopping husband looking impatient, daughter looking bored

Brooding.

Lost in thoughts.

Looking sad.

Last edited:
African people frequents Mustafa Center and the electronic dealers in its vicinities too. A lot of them are secondhand electronics traders.

The priest's assistant.

Kid with brother and mother.

Last edited:
A wife's support.

Alright that's all for today.

I will post more tomorrow.

Thanx for the read. :)

Thank you sir, I appreciate your pointers very much! Especially so because I think you are one of really good street photographers of this forum. :thumbsup:

Thx... I do not consider myself a street photographer, but I like street photography and sometimes mimic captures that I had seen before.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/2807525305_2c32b09a31_o.jpg
I like the juxaposition of this shot, and the stop sign delivering an impact of a standstill. It's a very good shot

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/2807517495_11841e81a4_o.jpg
I am usually intrigued by ghostly subjects in the background. Nice moment and capture of emotions.

Thx... I do not consider myself a street photographer, but I like street photography and sometimes mimic captures that I had seen before.

Why not? Your flickr pics belongs to many street photog groups anyway and they are good pics.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/2807525305_2c32b09a31_o.jpg
I like the juxaposition of this shot, and the stop sign delivering an impact of a standstill. It's a very good shot

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/2807517495_11841e81a4_o.jpg
I am usually intrigued by ghostly subjects in the background. Nice moment and capture of emotions.

Thanx a lot for looking at my pics. I guess most people will miss these details.

:D

Those are not true street photography groups. A lot of those are just pictures taken on the streets. Like raw street photography, which is no longer moderated because the one and only admin has MIA. Sometimes you can find landscape there lol?
I don't have much groups to post, so I just dump them there. =P Unfortunately I am in the dump and run mentality.

Looking forward to see more.

Those are not true street photography groups. A lot of those are just pictures taken on the streets. Like raw street photography, which is no longer moderated because the one and only admin has MIA. Sometimes you can find landscape there lol?
I don't have much groups to post, so I just dump them there. =P Unfortunately I am in the dump and run mentality.

Looking forward to see more.

Ok, hahaha, I gotta admit too, I am in RAW SP group because the logo looks nice! ;);p

2807525139_31d19343c4_o.jpg

I love this one. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :)

Hi marks to your photographs! Well done, bro.

Also, high marks to the Singaporeans who maintain a comfortable, traditional way of life while still belonging to modern times. Not an easy trick to master. We often overlook the treasures we have right at home.

Hi marks to your photographs! Well done, bro.

Also, high marks to the Singaporeans who maintain a comfortable, traditional way of life while still belonging to modern times. Not an easy trick to master. We often overlook the treasures we have right at home.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Last edited:
Lets sum up the rest of the pics in this series, continuing from yesterday.

Please click on any pics to visit the full version on my blog.

Here goes:

At the street across Mustafa's, I was approached by this dude from Germany. He showed me some of the pics he took and we talked lens and flash for a while.

Not all Indians are Hindus, many of them are Muslims and sometimes you can tell them apart by their attire.

A new TV set!

Lembu Road open square; a hangout place for the foreign workers. It is also very near to Desker Road, a known low end prostitution spot in Singapore. This whole place would be filled up with foreign workers gradually as it gets closer and closer to night. (See lustlab's thread, last pic)

Afternoon nap at the park.

Even machines need a nap.

Men's talk.

Lady shops.

What's the problem?

"Hey! What is your problem?"

Gardenscaper with some really intricate art work based on the religious theme.

An offering of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.