Liquid Metal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hiee...

Here is another late night shot....taken just a few minutes ago....

minliquid1.jpg

Shot taken at Shutter Priority at 1/16000 sec. + Flash...

rgds,
me

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nice work!

I like the composition and the colors are cool.

On a personal note, if there's anything I would change. its the title. I would have centerise (is there such a word?) it.

This is what I called, "Photography" man! Great shot! :what: Like the entire feel & looks of the pic. Colour is cool & clean. Looking forward to see more of your(even) better work, OK? Cheers... :thumbsup:

Hiee....

This little illustration should help ......
Due to my living in the last floor, the water flow in the shower is very bad.

flow1.jpg

So i've used the slow flow(yellow part) as the main bulk of the "liquid metal" effect and put it 1/3 to the bottom of the frame....in the presentation.

Camera set in macro and shutter priority - in this case 1/16000sec + flash on TTL. COntrol the flow of the showerhead to taste...

GO ahead and try out....its not that difficult...
regards,
Sulhan

Cool :thumbsup:

What camera did you use?? I guess I have to use the Olympus E20 (1/18000 sec) , in order to get the speed matched with yours.

I guess you need to wrap your camera in ziploc bag or use underwater casing too.
If not sure kena wet one.

you shouldn't sleep so much and do more of these at night!

:thumbsup:

all I do when I'm not sleeping at night is surf CS....... Maybe I ought to rethink my life :bsmilie:

Hmm.. I wonder...
His wife never say anything.....
:devil:

Anyway, I guess that at 1/16000, you can freeze almost anything.

Sulhan, I believe that 1/4000 is capable of freezing it too? care to demo a bit bit? :think:

Well....what makes you htink my family is asleep at that time.... ;)

Juz kidding.....well...its hari raya season and normally my family would be tired out after the jalan jalan...so i was awake to get some images transferred......so while waiting the download....i just picked up my little camera and start shooting around the house.... :D

Well.....i used the maximum shutter speed as i am using the flash in macro....and the head pointed at the -10 degrees macro tilt position. SO if I use
a slower shutter shutter....1/8000 or 1/4000 the lighting feel does not seem to be what i wanted.....

With the same water flowrate.....the dynamics is totally different.....with the different speeds....

Different water flow gives a different breaking off profile....i want to achieve the closer to round ones and small in size....to create the bursting (random effect)effect......

Hence the 1/16000sec....just a matter of personal choice....

BTW...as its a shower head.......the water is unidirectional.....not BOBO-shooter's .....shoot all around. SO no need for shower cap or bag to protect...

rgds,
me

Hey hey!

Just saw the exact same shot in a magazine! Check out the 'better digital photography' december issue! The same shot was taken by Joel Santos except his presentation was not rotated.

For a moment I thought your shot was featured!

Great minds think alike! That guy must like water and the sink as much as you do :D hehehe.......

NICE!!!!!!!! Waiting for more water works from you! :thumbsup:

sulhan said:
Hiee...

Shot taken at Shutter Priority at 1/16000 sec. + Flash...

rgds,
me

Great shot. 1/16000 ? Minolta A1 or one of its brothers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.