Lightroom 5 Question

jadphoto

May 11, 2013
USA
I have read that the new Lightroom 5 with be sold as a stand alone product. I have no desire to use Adobes Creative Cloud. I currently use PS CS5. I am thinking of purchasing Lightroom 5 when it comes out. I have never used lightroom and would like your opinion if it will be as useful to my digital work flow as my PS CS5.

I have both Photoshop and Lightroom, they both function differently and I need to use both of them to do different things,

What you usually do with photoshop? eg, like what functions in photoshop you use the most? or what results you intend to achieve with photoshop for your images?

and FYI, you can download a trial version of lightroom, which you can test it full function out within 14 days.

I have both Photoshop and Lightroom, they both function differently and I need to use both of them to do different things,

What you usually do with photoshop? eg, like what functions in photoshop you use the most? or what results you intend to achieve with photoshop for your images?

and FYI, you can download a trial version of lightroom, which you can test it full function out within 14 days.

I do a lot with layers and masking in PS. I will download the beta version of Lightroom 5 and see what is there that I could use from the program.

I do a lot with layers and masking in PS. I will download the beta version of Lightroom 5 and see what is there that I could use from the program.
AFAIK, using layer in lightroom you will need to buy a plug in.
Perfect Layers 3 - onOne Software

and for Adobes Creative Cloud, you can subscribe single app if you only use Photoshop, since you are not Lightroom user.

Here is a recent discussion of Adobes Creative Cloud in our forum.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/digi...stop-selling-boxed-copies-creative-suite.html

to many, it is not a welcome move,
but to me, it is a good opportunity to use many other apps beside Photoshop and lightroom which I can't afford them as standalone products.