lightest tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
:lovegrin: thinking of getting a good(sturdy) tripod, and hopefully the LIGHTEST in the market.
wouldnt mind paying the premium.
any recommendations?are carbon fibre tripods light?i thought they are only used in car bodykits.:bsmilie:
TQ

best to go to the shops and try them out for yourself
but first ask yourself

1. what kind of equipment are you going to put on it?
2. what kind of photos are you going to use it to take?
3. what features do you want it to have?
4. are you actually going to use these features?

hmm light and steady??? haven heard of such a thing

well now you have. Additionally, you may also hang your camera bag on the hook at the bottom of the centre column to provide added stability.

1. What is your budget ?
2. What is your height ?
3. How heavy is your setup ?

best to go to the shops and try them out for yourself
but first ask yourself

1. what kind of equipment are you going to put on it?
2. what kind of photos are you going to use it to take?
3. what features do you want it to have?
4. are you actually going to use these features?

i have a d200 and prob with 17-35 f2.8.
sturdy enough to hold the above with vertical grip and sb800.
i'll prob bring this along for tour hence i need it to be light.
dun forget me gal, so the d200 already like a brick around my neck:sweatsm: :sweat:

features ah?can extend to certain height can liao lor.:( :( :dunno:

i dun need those features that can invert it to shoot macro, or legs that can spread as wide as a tarantula spider.

any good brands make the above?

my manfrotto was WAY to heavy, and the head adjustment levers are all rusting.

well now you have. Additionally, you may also hang your camera bag on the hook at the bottom of the centre column to provide added stability.

prob is then i take out the gears to mount on tripod, my bag probably nothing else liao.will be very light.it's a billingham hadley.
i want the tripod for travel.not for use in sgp where i have a car to throw all my barang barang in.

1. What is your budget ?
2. What is your height ?
3. How heavy is your setup ?

1)300?
2)1.59m
3)d200 + 17-35afs f2.8 + sb800.occasionally replace the 17-35 with 18-200vr.
i seriously dunno the weight of the above but i think it weighs like a concrete brick around my neck:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Manfrotto 055MF4 (2kg/supports 7kg); 190MF4 (1.6kg/supports 4kg)

More premium one:
Gitzo GT1540T (1kg/supports 8kg)

Manfrotto 055MF4 (2kg/supports 7kg); 190MF4 (1.6kg/supports 4kg)

More premium one:
Gitzo GT1540T (1kg/supports 8kg)

gitzo one looks good!any links to pic?1kg oni yeh!:heart: :heart: :heart:
got info on price?

I think for 300 it'll be very tough to get something from a good brand like gitzo. You might want to try benro CF tripods but 300 still wont get you a head together with it. It probably won't pay for the lighter models as well. If you're not willing to buy 2nd hand, your best bet would be to look at a slik model, light, but hardly sturdy. I forgot to add, cheap too.

For 300 new, your best bet would be the 190ProB+a 48xRC head. Just under 3kg. Sturdy, but if you find the d200 heavy, it might be a killer.

For the above gear, D200+AFS17-35+SB800, gives you a total of <2kg. For light and sturdy plus quick to setup. Slik 330 or 340 is good enough.

../azul123

1)300?
2)1.59m
3)d200 + 17-35afs f2.8 + sb800.occasionally replace the 17-35 with 18-200vr.
i seriously dunno the weight of the above but i think it weighs like a concrete brick around my neck:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Errr... $300? I thought you said in post#1 that you wouldn't mind paying a premium. I doubt that figure is gonna get you anything decent.

:embrass:

so sorry guys...havent been in touch with the consumer world for sometime.
wanton mee use to sell at 1.20...:bsmilie:

ok, seriously, i dont mind paying more, but how much is a GOOD CF leg?
i just went to gitzo and saw the 6x carbon fibre GT1540G.nice!i love CF.
so that doesnt come with the tripod head ah?
so with tripod head agar agar how much ah?
700?if it's really 1kg, i seriously dont mind the price.

i cant rem what my manfrotto is.it's FREAKINg big and heavy...:dunno: :cry:
kanna 'con' by a shop in funan:bsmilie: to buy it last time...

Jeanie,

I am using a Gitzo 1258 tripod with a Gitzo 2272M Pan & Tilt Head. All carbon build. Me using ard the same setup D200 with Grip and SB800 with a 18-200VR for most of my travelling all over the world. Combined setup is about 1.2kg max.

Extremely light and comfortable to carry along even on one full day outing. Best of all can support up to 8KG on this setup. Hope it helps.

Jeanie,

I am using a Gitzo 1258 tripod with a Gitzo 2272M Pan & Tilt Head. All carbon build. Me using ard the same setup D200 with Grip and SB800 with a 18-200VR for most of my travelling all over the world. Combined setup is about 1.2kg max.

Extremely light and comfortable to carry along even on one full day outing. Best of all can support up to 8KG on this setup. Hope it helps.

TQ.may i know price?and where to buy?

I bought it at CP for 1.3K. I was very very reluctant to pay that sort of price initially. But thinking back, it is worth every single cent now. No more future hassle of ever needing to replace and change tripod. Best of all, so convinient to carry around.

Caution, there is no strap or bag given though.

Status
Not open for further replies.