LFC(3)! The Rise of the REDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nevermind who we get....
we see one...we kill one!

i'm not sure but i feel that that this new forum set-up has some technical problems. i see that the last person to post a reply was Akane. but i couldn't see his post as the last reply. instead i see giddygoat's as the last. :confused:

case of the missing post?

zhapchit said:
so boring... why chelsea

coz of the "special" one :think: :sticktong :bsmilie:

zhapchit said:
so boring... why chelsea
It's actually GREAT! i was hoping we will get Chelsea and maybe we can eliminate them at the 1st hurdle and still see whether they are SPECIAL!! pui!

Btw, Gerrard was voted MVP for UEFA, Cech best keeper, Terry Best defender, Kaka best midfielder and Ronaldinho best striker....

nemesis32 said:
It's actually GREAT! i was hoping we will get Chelsea and maybe we can eliminate them at the 1st hurdle and still see whether they are SPECIAL!! pui!

Btw, Gerrard was voted MVP for UEFA, Cech best keeper, Terry Best defender, Kaka best midfielder and Ronaldinho best striker....

Until our strikers stop firing blanks.... otherwise i would not count on it.....

http://anfieldroad.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=651&Itemid=51

Written by Jim Boardman
Friday, 26 August 2005
Liverpool's Champions League Group G fixtures have now been announced and ITV will be pleased. The final group game, at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea is to be played on a Tuesday, giving them the UK rights to one of the biggest games of the season. Sky will get to televise the first match, played on Wednesday 28th September.

Tue Sep 13th. Real Betis (a)
Wed Sep 28th. Chelsea (h)
Wed Oct 19th. Anderlecht (a)
Tue Nov 1st. Anderlecht (h)
Wed Nov 23rd. Real Betis (h)
Tue Dec 6th. Chelsea (a)

Dun worry so much... we "scored" against chelsea last year thru garcia mah... :)

GROUP A
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Club Brugge
Rapid Vienna

BM and Juv should go thru. Club Brugge might spring a surprise or 2 but its kinda straight forward, not enough quality. Juv to be group winner.

GROUP B
ARSENAL
Ajax
Sparta Prague
Thun---------->Picked cow dung!

Arsenal looks like they got an easy ride but got Ajax to fight over for top spot. Prague and Thun......no hope la. Arsenal as group winner.

GROUP C
Barcelona
Panathinaikos
Werder Bremen
Udinese

Damn straight forward. Barcelona and RM seem to get easy draws every year. Bar as group winner. Bremen and Pana will fight for 2nd and Bremen should clinch it.

GROUP D
MAN UTD
Villarreal
Lille
Benfica

Tough for Man Utd. Villarreal and Benfica are very strong. Welcome home Forlan. United should have the quality to clinch top spot but Villarreal might spring a surprise. These 2 will go thru. Benfica are sure to nip some points off United and Villarreal.

GROUP E
AC Milan
PSV Eindhoven
Schalke
Fenerbahce

Milan will be cursing and swearing. All 3 teams are really tough. Milan and PSV to go thru but hard to predict who will be group winner. Its not easy playing against German, Dutch and Turkist clubs! Schalke might go thru as 2nd.

GROUP F
Real Madrid
Lyon
Olympiakos
Rosenborg

Another straight forward group. RM have the easy passage again. Lyon as group runner up. Oly and Ros are good but not enough quality to progress. Unless Lyon screw up.

GROUP G
LIVERPOOL
CHELSEA
Anderlecht
Real Betis

Simple. Chelsea will be group winners and Liverpool as 2nd. No worries actually. If Liverpool can beat Ander home and away, plus beating Betis at home, they should go thru but have to rely on Chelsea to steamroller the other 2. Betis are a real danger. Might clinch group runner up. Ander are good but not enough quality.

GROUP H
Inter Milan
Porto
RANGERS
Artmedia Bratislava

Whats Artmedia? Arty farty club? Rangers will have a tough time. Inter as group champions. Porto and Rangers will slug it out for 2nd spot.

Group of death? Liverpool looks like they're in the group of death but i dun think so. AC Milan should be preparing for war. Its do or die!!

afbug said:
GROUP G
LIVERPOOL
CHELSEA
Anderlecht
Real Betis

Simple. Chelsea will be group winners and Liverpool as 2nd. No worries actually. If Liverpool can beat Ander home and away, plus beating Betis at home, they should go thru but have to rely on Chelsea to steamroller the other 2. Betis are a real danger. Might clinch group runner up. Ander are good but not enough quality.

wat is simple?
nothing is certain in life. :bsmilie:

Cheesecake said:
wat is simple?
nothing is certain in life. :bsmilie:

But of cause. That was just my little review of the group. Liverpool might not even make it pass for all that matter. :bsmilie:

Cheesecake said:
for all we know, man utd might have the first dubious honour of licking the floor clean! :bsmilie:

It will be the 1st time yeah? We are used to some clubs whom are living in their past licking us from behind. :bsmilie: Oh we are going to enjoy it this season. :sweatsm:

afbug said:
It will be the 1st time yeah? We are used to some clubs whom are living in their past licking us from behind. :bsmilie: Oh we are going to enjoy it this season. :sweatsm:

wa ha ha ha!
its ok! ahhh... the grapes are so sweet yet those who failed to taste it claimed that they are sour! :bsmilie:

Com'on u REDS!! LIVERPOOL!!! EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS YES WE ARE!!!

we'll hamtum Chelski down for the good of everyone in the Euro CUP!:bsmilie:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=340538&cc=4716

looks like an owen move is a possibility. still split over it. he's too similar in style to ciise and pongolle. either one of these would have to go if owen comes in. but i still think ciise can be a very good player. but pairing owen with morientes or crouch looks like a possible winner.

Let's hope for a good show today. we had one draw, one loss and a barely deserved win in our last 3 games. let's get the red express back on track!! YNWA

i rather we dun sign owen.... signing owen, we will return as a one-trick pony.... gerrard tries thru ball to owen... nothing else.....

afbug said:
GROUP A
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Club Brugge
Rapid Vienna

BM and Juv should go thru. Club Brugge might spring a surprise or 2 but its kinda straight forward, not enough quality. Juv to be group winner.

GROUP B
ARSENAL
Ajax
Sparta Prague
Thun---------->Picked cow dung!

Arsenal looks like they got an easy ride but got Ajax to fight over for top spot. Prague and Thun......no hope la. Arsenal as group winner.

GROUP C
Barcelona
Panathinaikos
Werder Bremen
Udinese

Damn straight forward. Barcelona and RM seem to get easy draws every year. Bar as group winner. Bremen and Pana will fight for 2nd and Bremen should clinch it.

GROUP D
MAN UTD
Villarreal
Lille
Benfica

Tough for Man Utd. Villarreal and Benfica are very strong. Welcome home Forlan. United should have the quality to clinch top spot but Villarreal might spring a surprise. These 2 will go thru. Benfica are sure to nip some points off United and Villarreal.

GROUP E
AC Milan
PSV Eindhoven
Schalke
Fenerbahce

Milan will be cursing and swearing. All 3 teams are really tough. Milan and PSV to go thru but hard to predict who will be group winner. Its not easy playing against German, Dutch and Turkist clubs! Schalke might go thru as 2nd.

GROUP F
Real Madrid
Lyon
Olympiakos
Rosenborg

Another straight forward group. RM have the easy passage again. Lyon as group runner up. Oly and Ros are good but not enough quality to progress. Unless Lyon screw up.

GROUP G
LIVERPOOL
CHELSEA
Anderlecht
Real Betis

GROUP H
Inter Milan
Porto
RANGERS
Artmedia Bratislava

Whats Artmedia? Arty farty club? Rangers will have a tough time. Inter as group champions. Porto and Rangers will slug it out for 2nd spot.

Group of death? Liverpool looks like they're in the group of death but i dun think so. AC Milan should be preparing for war. Its do or die!!
SIGH..

IF only we can predict like that..

then i sure earn big bucks from POOLS.. not liverpool but SINGAPORE POOLS...

Cheesecake said:
wa ha ha ha!
its ok! ahhh... the grapes are so sweet yet those who failed to taste it claimed that they are sour! :bsmilie:

Com'on u REDS!! LIVERPOOL!!! EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS YES WE ARE!!!

we'll hamtum Chelski down for the good of everyone in the Euro CUP!:bsmilie:

Har...? Simi grapes? Hmm.....am i talking about Liverpool? :bsmilie: Ah yes, the Euro champs. Better hamtum Chelsea real good, if not UEFA cannot justify letting Liverpool in after rounds and rounds of beggin. ;)

ibitemynails said:
SIGH..

IF only we can predict like that..

then i sure earn big bucks from POOLS.. not liverpool but SINGAPORE POOLS...

Aiya, predicting who will go thru is easier than predicting individual matches. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.