LF Outing : Bukit Brown Morning Shoot Part 2 Sunday 27 Nov 730am

Pls do so... Always enjoy looking at film output

Pictures? those taken with the LF would have to wait till my darkroom is up and running... meanwhile, this is one taken with a mickey mouse camera with a simple studio setup - one white umbrella with a bowens 500ws monobloc.

DSC_02433.jpg

I suspect I will be shooting this naughty fellow with an LF setup very soon. Can't wait to see my little man in mega negs! haha....

i just processed 4 sheets of velvia 50. still drying them but a quick visual check i found that one of them is underexposed. will post the rest when ready.

i need more golden hours light!

i just processed 4 sheets of velvia 50. still drying them but a quick visual check i found that one of them is underexposed. will post the rest when ready.
i need more golden hours light!

Under is always better than over.

This one is scanned by Fotohub. Like too sharpppp... anyway, LLKang and my favourite girl no longer works in Fotohun :cry:
My 4X5s are done, just need to scan.

Developed and scanned by fotohub? how much do they charge?

Under is always better than over.

This one is scanned by Fotohub. Like too sharpppp... anyway, LLKang and my favourite girl no longer works in Fotohun :cry:
My 4X5s are done, just need to scan.

yr digicam scanning method is good enough for sharing on web. quick n dirty but it serves the purpose. scanning is another skill set to master not to mention the time required.

Developed and scanned by fotohub? how much do they charge?

This one developed by me. Fotohub charges $4.50 per 4X5 film but quality can be :thumbsd:

Scanning is done by Kam Cheng Kam Cheng

yr digicam scanning method is good enough for sharing on web. quick n dirty but it serves the purpose. scanning is another skill set to master not to mention the time required.

I use the flat field Nikkor 55mm F3.5 and DSLR bracketed at F11 for 1/2 to 1/15 sec, shot in raw.
Post processed in Adobe and results seems decent. Only thing is to keep the film flat on the light box.

Light box is standing vertically on the table (my uncle's x-ray film looking box). Dcam is perpenticular to the box using bubble and measuring tape.
The lost in details can be signification but smooth out the edges.

I look at the pro scan damn it looks 3D on my screen.

I noticed photolabs in singapore be it photohub or grace or tripleD, tend to max thier sharpening to "encourage" lomographers or to appeal more to the masses.

When they get a scanner and see for themselves the raw and unedited results they're sure to get a shock! Not just sharpening, colours and contrast/ saturation as well

I use the flat field Nikkor 55mm F3.5 and DSLR bracketed at F11 for 1/2 to 1/15 sec, shot in raw.
Post processed in Adobe and results seems decent. Only thing is to keep the film flat on the light box.

Light box is standing vertically on the table (my uncle's x-ray film looking box). Dcam is perpenticular to the box using bubble and measuring tape.
The lost in details can be signification but smooth out the edges.

I look at the pro scan damn it looks 3D on my screen.

Creepy... did u see some bloke trying to crawl out of the screen? ;p

****! ****! You look behind the back grave at the back, there looks like a man in the woods!!! :eek:

this is how my slides look on the lightbox :

The LEFT GUARD

if you see an hand in it, dun be alarmed. just my reflection .haha :p

The floor tiles at Ong Sam Leong grand tombstone. Look like Peranakan design. Front tilt to create narrow DOF

Will try to do a proper scan later.

Last edited:
retry with the Nikkor 55mm 3.5 set at F16. Bracket exposure of the 4X5 negative.

Ong Sam Leong's Grave

Same setting. Looks like F16 makes a diff on the 4X5 negative.

Spook is play again here. Can see the stone lion resemble a skull from the angle I shoot at it.
That day was funny. Even the path to Ong Sam Leong's grave was blocked by a massive fallen tree.

Spook is play again here. Can see the stone lion resemble a skull from the angle I shoot at it.
That day was funny. Even the path to Ong Sam Leong's grave was blocked by a massive fallen tree.

haha the eyes can see what the mind is thinking.
The fallen tree has been there for a while as the side route you took is also not newly created.

anyone got the photo that particular tombstone that has streaks of nice light on it. I snapped too late after getting an exposure reading. the cloud block the sun and the exposure totally went off. at least 2 stops underexposed.

Mine failed. Loaded the Toyo 45/69 wrong, and exposed onto backing paper only :(