LF Outing : Bukit Brown Morning Shoot Part 2 Sunday 27 Nov 730am

wow, seems like we have double the number what we have last week. see you guys later.

Thanks all for comming, thanks brother Johnathan for being a fantasic guide. Also appreciate the insight on printing during kopi.

thanks for organizing. traditional silver printing is another big topic n skills set altogether.

Tks for organising...

Ir is eye opening for me. I never see so many LF camera in my life before.

thanks shadowleong for organising this and Jonathan for guide us...

Loaded the Toyo 45/69 wrong, lost two frames, but OK.

Singh Guard

Copy cat shot of LuaLua

Film duplicated from D90+55mm F3.5 micro from lightbox
If view from lightbox there are a lot a lot more details and shades

The 4X5 are spot on. No more scratches... hoo raa!
Ilford FP4+ 125 at ASA100
HC110 1:63 15 minutes 20C in water bath
Ilfrod stop bath and fixed 5 min
There is no grain at all. Post later.

Last edited:
Loaded the Toyo 45/69 wrong, lost two frames, but OK.

Singh Guard

Copy cat shot of LuaLua

Film duplicated from D90+55mm F3.5 micro from lightbox
If view from lightbox there are a lot a lot more details and shades

The 4X5 are spot on. No more scratches... hoo raa!
Ilford FP4+ 125 at ASA100
HC110 1:63 15 minutes 20C in water bath
Ilfrod stop bath and fixed 5 min
There is no grain at all. Post later.

That was fast! was this done using the jobo expert tank hand rolled?

No, done by KAISER 7000 120 film tank; these are the 6x9 shots.

4X5 use Jobo tank.

Last edited:
Dai Lou! Thank you, sorry I missed out the kopi session.

Dominique brought me to a secret location, and pretty interesting. More for archive purpose, than for photography.
Maybe I am wrong, the brothers here can help exploit the locations.

On the beaten tracks, can find LKY's close relative. The head stone photo is almost the same as the old man, pretty funcky.
There are also some interesting tomb stones dedicated for non humans.

I did not bring the 210mm. Wish I had brought it. Always can go back again.

Did you shoot slides?

Did you shoot slides?
yes..shot 4 sheets of velvia 4x5. one shot taken with the 100mm and 3 taken with the 210mm. for my last trip,i took all 4 with 210mm.
i want to use my slides while my E6 chemicals are still fresh.

the next time if i go, i would give myself a challenge - how to take a photo that doesn't look like it is taken in Bukit Brown.

yes..shot 4 sheets of velvia 4x5. one shot taken with the 100mm and 3 taken with the 210mm. for my last trip,i took all 4 with 210mm.
i want to use my slides while my E6 chemicals are still fresh.
the next time if i go, i would give myself a challenge - how to take a photo that doesn't look like it is taken in Bukit Brown.

That's easy. Just shoot the horse.

Hi

Where can i go view some wet print? Must go muesum? Which ones?

Posted the LF B&W 2 of them. 4 more when I get a scanner later.

Hi

Where can i go view some wet print? Must go muesum? Which ones?

Go to NAFA campus 1 gallery one and two its featuring Brassaï.

Born in 1899, Hungarian Gyula Halász, who goes by his moniker Brassaï, was one of the most prolific photographers of the 20th century. Based in Paris since 1924, Brassaï became famous for chronicling the nocturnal milieu of Paris in the 1930s. In this exhibition of more than 80 original prints from Paris de nuit (Paris by Night) and The Secret Paris of the 30s collection, Brassaï's record of the forbidden Paris in the 1930s contained one of his most evocative photographic memoirs. NAFA is proud to present this selection of works for the first time in Asia and Madam Agnès de Gouvion Saint-Cyr, who will specially fly in to Singapore to share her insights and experiences as the curator of the Brassaï Collection.

Dates: 22 October - 18 December 2011
Time: 11am - 7pm (Closed on Mondays & Public Holidays)
Venue: Galleries 1 & 2, NAFA Campus 1, 80 Bencoolen Street, Singapore 189655
Enquiries: artgalleries@nafa.edu.sg
Admission: Free Admission

His work really made me wonder how he did his night shots. Really good stuff there

Shadowleong said:
Go to NAFA campus 1 gallery one and two its featuring Brassaï.

Born in 1899, Hungarian Gyula Halász, who goes by his moniker Brassaï, was one of the most prolific photographers of the 20th century. Based in Paris since 1924, Brassaï became famous for chronicling the nocturnal milieu of Paris in the 1930s. In this exhibition of more than 80 original prints from Paris de nuit (Paris by Night) and The Secret Paris of the 30s collection, Brassaï's record of the forbidden Paris in the 1930s contained one of his most evocative photographic memoirs. NAFA is proud to present this selection of works for the first time in Asia and Madam Agnès de Gouvion Saint-Cyr, who will specially fly in to Singapore to share her insights and experiences as the curator of the Brassaï Collection.

Dates: 22 October - 18 December 2011
Time: 11am - 7pm (Closed on Mondays & Public Holidays)
Venue: Galleries 1 & 2, NAFA Campus 1, 80 Bencoolen Street, Singapore 189655
Enquiries: artgalleries@nafa.edu.sg
Admission: Free Admission

His work really made me wonder how he did his night shots. Really good stuff there

Hi brother

This is best news .. It is free.. Cant believe it! Think u have watched it alrwady... Ya old days ppl r very amazing one...

6425655551_562677f3d2.jpg
[/url] LF group by sorie_1, on Flickr[/IMG]

Maybe its time for me to create a flicker page