Lexus driver bang cyclist, drag bycycle for 2km, fine $2500..

frankly, if the person behind the wheel is a woman.. i would be very careful.
1. they dont stop at zebra crossing
2. they dont stop at single white line
3. they dont wait for ppl to clear before parking their lovely car
4. they dilly-dally when changing lane
5. they take up 2 lane when cornering
6. their response / reflex seem to lag by one second to man

BTW, we should not take everything for granted. dont assume the driver will make clearance if you are cycling along the double yellow line. and the double yellow line isn't meant for cyclist . dont assume the driver will give way if you are a cyclist or have the right of way. never assume the driver will see you from the front, back, side.. you never know what the fellow is doing behind the wheel.. Cherish your life, play your part by staying alert!

it is not a rare sight to see cyclist cycling in the middle of the road at Shenton way or CBD. you see a lot of those ang moh behaving as if they are in their own country assuming that they have priority over motorisk. whenever i see them, i would pray for them.

The light sentence was only given because of her perception that she hit a branch and not a human being. She must be one cool cat if she knew and played this card, else her actions seems to suggest that she was oblivious to the fact of having hit a cyclist.

But at 5.13 am, wouldn't her headlights be on and illuminated the cyclist? Either she suffers from night-blindness, or her headlights were off, or inattentive blindness or something, she should have noticed the cyclist whether he was riding in the middle lane or on the double yellow line and hence could have avoided him. A car like Lexus should have pretty good pair of headlights if they were switched on.

The prosecution also seems to not challenge certain points more strongly.

frankly, if the person behind the wheel is a woman.. i would be very careful.
1. they dont stop at zebra crossing
2. they dont stop at single white line
3. they dont wait for ppl to clear before parking their lovely car
4. they dilly-dally when changing lane
5. they take up 2 lane when cornering
6. their response / reflex seem to lag by one second to man

totally agree with you on point 5.

almost got me into accident.

lady driver who is so busy talking to her passengers. even i flash & honk @ her. she din even look back. ;(;(

what kind of update?

court already pass slap on the wrist sentence liao...unless prosecution appeal, otherwise nothing to update...

prosecution is supposed to appeal against the conviction for hit and run, I think. I am wondering if there is anyway public can check on the progress of the appeal. Maybe some lawyers here can help out

Last edited:
totally agree with you on point 5.

almost got me into accident.

lady driver who is so busy talking to her passengers. even i flash & honk @ her. she din even look back. ;(;(

Don't you know they create accident but don't know anything about it and drive away??:bsmilie:

cool, i don't see how whether the car is a lexus, toyota, smartcar makes a difference though

but it is a 3000cc Lexus :bigeyes: maybe branding the bicycle is a better idea.. what do you think.. :think:

or Cleopatra what the heck is this? prata? no matter what, she is a plain liar! a tree branch? she is a teacher by profession; where is the integrity? Please don't cite that this is a honest mistake

Goodness, i can't bring myself to continue reading it. seriously i hope she will get maximum punishment.

TS, maybe can try sub-ordinate court to check out the hearing of this case.

but it is a 3000cc Lexus :bigeyes: maybe branding the bicycle is a better idea.. what do you think.. :think:

sorry, but if a car drags a bicycle for 2 km.... it really doesn't matter what car it is, unless you say that only 3000cc lexus cars can drag bicycles.

my point is, the inclusion of that point brings in external issues that are unrelated to the offence of the driver.

Nightmare, lexus. It could have some implication. It could be one of those spoilt brat. I have seen those rich brat brought up their kids, ill treating their maid, no respect of others, one word ie arrogant. It's her personality. Related?

maybe the cyclist looked like a branch?

Nightmare, lexus. It could have some implication. It could be one of those spoilt brat. I have seen those rich brat brought up their kids, ill treating their maid, no respect of others, one word ie arrogant. It's her personality. Related?

that is precisely my point.

are you stereotyping all lexus drivers as "spoilt brats"?

i have seen spoilt brat toyota drivers also... all that a person choosing to drive a lexus says, is that (a) they can probably afford one, (b) they are willing to spend on lexus. i don't think the car a person drives has any bearing on their character.

that is precisely my point.

are you stereotyping all lexus drivers as "spoilt brats"?

i have seen spoilt brat toyota drivers also... all that a person choosing to drive a lexus says, is that (a) they can probably afford one, (b) they are willing to spend on lexus. i don't think the car a person drives has any bearing on their character.

And to add to this point.... does driving a cheap 2nd hand Proton makes the driver any less guilty ?? :think:

The make of a car does not equate the conscience and responsibility of a driver leh.
Whereas for safety issue, a sane person notices something wrong, will auto the stop car and check wor.. ..:sweat:

....and not all ladies drivers are reckless and lousy in their driving skills lah..:p

And to add to this point.... does driving a cheap 2nd hand Proton makes the driver any less guilty ?? :think:

precisely, i think no one would think any different of the driver if they drove a cheap broken down car...? after all, the onus is on you to maintain the car, even if you choose the excuse that your car is old and lau pok.

adding on a lexus to the information is redundant to me. it would only be relevant to people who have the stereotypical idea that richer people are any less careful on the roads. we have a mix of characters at every income class - i've met rich people who were down to earth, and i've met poor people who were more elitist than the most pompous rich spoilt brats that dreaming is talking about. it would be good to keep that in mind, whenever we talk about issues.

its not what the branding/models of the cars is, its the person behind the wheel matters most.

frankly...even if its a tree branch which hit my car...i would stop the car out of shock and/or to check my car already...won't continue driving lo...what a load of crap

adding on a lexus to the information is redundant to me. it would only be relevant to people who have the stereotypical idea that richer people are any less careful on the roads. we have a mix of characters at every income class - i've met rich people who were down to earth, and i've met poor people who were more elitist than the most pompous rich spoilt brats that dreaming is talking about. it would be good to keep that in mind, whenever we talk about issues.

actually if you did read the case transcript you will find that the make of the car, Lexus, is material to the defence case as one of the arguements was that the EXCELLENT soundproofing of the Lexus has muffled the sounds of the bicycle causing the driver to ignore the fact that she hit a cyclist, shattered her window, dragged the bicycle for 2km.

Common, the verdict is sooooo ridiculously light and the defence of the accused so unbelievable that EVERYONE who reads it is shocked. Why is our legal system like that?

I just hope that something gets done so that the public will not be under the FALSE impression that Lexus drivers and people living in 28 Ming Teck Road gets away with hit and run with a ...... $2500 fine.

Common, people wants some faith in our legal system. Our courts get sooo much bad press that sometimes people just wonder why....

Anyway, the prosecution is supposed to appeal against the verdict. So I am wondering how everything will end up and maybe restore some of my faith in Singapore legal process.

Last edited:
So next time everyone just buy Lexus and go around on road rage and can just blame the excellent soundproofing system and seeing people as tree branch?

actually if you did read the case transcript you will find that the make of the car, Lexus, is material to the defence case as one of the arguements was that the EXCELLENT soundproofing of the Lexus has muffled the sounds of the bicycle causing the driver to ignore the fact that she hit a cyclist, shattered her window, dragged the bicycle for 2km.

and lexus is the only car with soundproofing... oh my. :bsmilie:

time to google "suzuki soundproofing", "toyota soundproofing", and you'll quickly realise that soundproofing can actually be installed and the claims are not unique to lexus owners. :rolleyes:

Last edited: