Lexus driver bang cyclist, drag bycycle for 2km, fine $2500..

I thought Cleopatra Wong was a secret agent, 008?:think:
how can get jail one?

Me feels the prosecutor and the investigating officer did not do enough.

There are some points which are so grey and not being disputed.

The judge passes judgement based on facts of the case. I felt that the prosecutor has weak arguments to begin with and hence the less severe penalty.

An appeal should be lodged by the prosecutor against sentence and conviction.

I don't understand why whether a person die or not die affects the sentence.

Frankly, I don't think it is wrong to hit someone accidentally. But to drive off without rendering aid is INEXCUSABLE.

And for the judge to allow stupid bullshit like thinking it was a tree branch, just gives the impression that people can get away scott free provided there is no witnesses.

The mitgation factors like tree canopy is really laughable. Common, most accidents occur when there are visibility problems right. If everyone say, sorry cannot see clearly, think it is a tree branch and just drive off, what will singapore roads become??? I mean if you are not sure, isn't all the MORE important to stop and check? how can this even be a mitagation factor???????

I still find it unbelievable the verdict.

Defintely the accused act is incorrect. I may be wrong, but I believe whether the victim die or alive in such accident may affect the verdict and penalty. :think:
Any law expert to comment here?

Last edited:
If the accused was an Ah Beng ........... he will most likely be behind bars

Wah loh, like that also can... hit ppl still nvr stop??? :thumbsd: I think that AUNTY have very bad eye sight. She should stop driving from here on....

BAN all bad driver..........

cannot be no feeling with an bicycle below the car.......

some more why never stop and check???

just not right, not the normal behavior of an driver..

Her reaction to the accident is COMPLETELY unlike any normal driver. Something big hits your car enough to crack the windscreen and your first response is "ohh, tree branch, carry on driving."? I can't believe the judge actually believed that. A tree branch?! Really?!

If were the prosecutor, I would probably subpoena the footage from Zouk's security camera and road traffic camera to see if her testimonial is true.

But then again, the prosecutor probably thought that it was an open and shut case. Oh well, they have it too easy at times...

"The prosecution is appealing against Wong’s sentence for the charge of failing to render assistance after an accident. It carries a maximum fine of $3,000 or a jail term of a year."

I really hope something gets done about this case and get publicized.

It is really disconcerting for me that next time people who drink and drive and gets into an accident, they will remember this case and decides it is really in their personal best interest to just drive off and pretend it is a branch.

hit and run cases MUST carry a heavy penalty.

A singaporean was hit and dragged for approx. 1.6km in London. She died. Just read it in the Straits Times today. :cry:

A singaporean was hit and dragged for approx. 1.6km in London. She died. Just read it in the Straits Times today. :cry:

the $100000 question is....

does she look like a tree branch??

that just shows how stupid the sentence is in singapore.

the $100000 question is....

does she look like a tree branch??

that just shows how stupid the sentence is in singapore.

You see the report lor...

It was a hit and run.... I believe they are still investigating.

That seems to be what others are saying in other forums.

cannot be no feeling with an bicycle below the car.......

some more why never stop and check???

just not right, not the normal behavior of an driver..

Next time say thought it was a ghost.
Drive away faster

anyone know any updates on this?

what kind of update?

court already pass slap on the wrist sentence liao...unless prosecution appeal, otherwise nothing to update...