Letter of Guarantee..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I detest it when people are unhappy when I disagree with the common viewpoint. Not happy, use logic, don't just after a while just du lan and use emotive/ad hominem arguments. Attacking the person, instead of his argument, is paramount to your admission that your argument sucks big time so you have to resort to personal methods to try to prove your point. Not that it's happened much here, though, I must say, quite happy about that.

No people is unhappy with you Mr Nightmare, nor is poeple trying to clobber you into submission. It is all about the way you responded to others people view points. From all these responses, one should understand it by now. Everyone has difference needs and experiences, therefore it is very inappropriate to call people who have different thoughts inane or malicious.

I do not hate you, I like Clubsnap and everyone here.:heart:

Fair enough, let's have a comparison to some other country then:

Mr A Singaporean and Mr B British, both down with Colon cancer.
Mr A is treated in a private hospital and Mr B is also treated in a private hospital but in UK.
Both use the same drug and similar procedure.
Mr A pays XXX SGD for the treatment,
Mr B pays XXX pounds for the treatment,

No matter what, Mr B's cost is definitely going to PWN Mr A's cost because he happens to be living in a country with higher living costs.

Why do we need to compare? What I cannot tolerate is the need to always compare to some place seemingly better or some place seemingly worse - my reply to that is always to offer an counterexample with an equally idiotic comparison, but no one ever seems to point that out.

What we should be talking about is HOW best to improve the situation HERE.

Compare and contrast is one of the most important essay questions in higher learning. So why do we need to compare?
Is it to set a bench mark?
It is about weighing the pros and cons?
It is about identifying the differences and loop holes of a system?
I know you have the answer. So it is important?

If we dig deeper into the comparison, we might get some useful hints out of it.
Both Singapore and Malaysia import the drugs.
Both countries import the same equipment.
What others variables caused a difference in pricing?
Could it be exchange rate or labour costs?
Maybe we can tackle item by item in the hospital bill. How much does one bed cost in JB, SG and UK? I am not talking about the cost of a sleeping bed hor, I am refering to room charges.
Tell us what you think.

You gave interesting examples, can you tell me what is the cost of treating a colon cancer patient in UK? I will try to analyst your example in my best capability, O “level” nia.

Need sounds meh?

When the situation comes, I just have to deal with it the best I can think of.

For me, I rather take the realistic way.

Need sounds meh?

When the situation comes, I just have to deal with it the best I can think of.

For me, I rather take the realistic way.
pre-empt it, live and eat with a healthier lifestyle, exercise etc :).

pre-empt it, live and eat with a healthier lifestyle, exercise etc :).

not everything can be controlled one.

I think it's better to live and eat merrily ;)

Some of the long term illness can be delayed with proper care, though it's difficult, it work out better in long term :)

erm...
what happen to your post about having a cash guarantee for hospital... it got altered..severely..

don't talk about medical insurance...
my silly hyper ks uncle had all kinds of insurance ever since he started working
bad enough for him to pay off all the insurances fee, when he got really sick due to some heart condition, the insurance company contested his claims.. citeing pre-existing condition even though he did not know of such condition and he went for their health checkup and sh*t before buying all those crappy insurance.

in the end, who pay for it?
his medisave account and other family member medisave account.

Nisa,
If you decide to create dis-ease in your life, and its terminal, let me know when you wanna die..
you can choose the following :
:hung:
:kok:
:hammer:
:flame:

erm...
what happen to your post about having a cash guarantee for hospital... it got altered..severely..

my silly hyper ks uncle had all kinds of insurance ever since he started working
bad enough for him to pay off all the insurances fee, when he got really sick due to some heart condition, the insurance company contested his claims.. citeing pre-existing condition even though he did not know of such condition and he went for their health checkup and sh*t before buying all those crappy insurance.

Some truth to it.... when i took my policy, my agent who is my friend asked if I have gone for a HIV test before as part of the questionaire. I said yes and it was negative. He then told me "errrr you went hah? Mmm better put as never go" I was quite surprised as evidently he was expecting me to say no I have never gone for HIV test. Seems that if you had gone for a test, the company would look unfavourably at your application as the notion is that there is something wrong with you.....

Strange right??

Healthcare is an imperfect market.

Many drugs are protected by patents and the companies which invented them can charge huge $$$ till the patents run out.

The suppliers (doctors, etc) are typically better informed than the buyers (patients) and hence pricing power is on their side.

It's not easy to compare prices, time is often not on the buyers' side, and apple-to-apple comparisons are often not possible.

As a country becomes more developed, medical care becomes more advanced, which means more expensive.

Fear of malpractice suits also drives up costs, which results in higher prices.

Are these enough reasons?

PS. Why would anyone dispense a new drug freely?
Bro, I think u can summarise ur stuff in a 2 words.

"Bottomline: Moola" :thumbsup:

The drug companies and medical docs may be :think: responsilble for the increase, there are a whole lot of stories in there, which i personally heard, that is too shocking :bigeyes: to believe that it is true. I wont state it here because I dont want to be sued for libel haahah:bsmilie:
Conspiracy theory huh? Yeah I had heard a story or 2 occasionally that made me wonder.

Furthermore with conspiracy theories of some pharmaceutical companies that are blocking the introduction of certain cures due to the 'overwhelming power' of the cure that guarantees a '1 hit KO' to the disease involved, that some spread some kind of misinformation thingy to mislead.

Oh well, I guess in this day and age where information overload IS a serious problem, I guess at the end of the day, when we lay dying in our death throes (unless u die in ur sleep of a heart attack) in the hospital, we can only put our faith in the good Doctor to discharge his duty to the fullest and with a clear conscience that he can answer to Heaven and Earth and to the paitent's family.

erm...

Nisa,
If you decide to create dis-ease in your life, and its terminal, let me know when you wanna die..
you can choose the following :
:hung:
:kok:
:hammer:
:flame:

Hahaha how i bear to leave here when u are still around!! :devil:

No people is unhappy with you Mr Nightmare, nor is poeple trying to clobber you into submission. It is all about the way you responded to others people view points. From all these responses, one should understand it by now. Everyone has difference needs and experiences, therefore it is very inappropriate to call people who have different thoughts inane or malicious.

I do not hate you, I like Clubsnap and everyone here.:heart:

dun post....dun post.....dun post.....

Haiyah, cannot resist. I read through this thread from post number 1. No one got a grip on reality except Mr Nightmare. Yah, "free" healthcare, except its never free. Free at the point of service? Pay up at the next income tax exercise ok? The same guys complaining about GST increase, posting here demanding "affordable" healthcare. Not only that, must be first world, blood bank cannot run out, waiting time cannot be long, drugs must be cheap, everything oso want. $8 for consult at the polyclinic, but must open at night all the way, short waiting time please, docotrs and nurses welfare be damned.

When the ugly reality hits, and Mr Nightmare puts forth the unpalatable postion, guess what? The same old tired predictable "worm" accusation by the same old tired usual suspects. If you can't win the argument, attack the person, ok? Mr centruyegg, you mean a person cannot have a thought contradictory to yours and not be independently thinking for himself? i.e. only you are capable of rational independent thinking? If you fail to realise, that is the most arrogant position to take.

Should the g-ment do more about healthcare? In my heart of hearts, I absolutely think so. But not in the way that people think. Folk are very willing to spend money on holidays and lenses and the like, but when you ask then to put up for health insurance, they like to pass the buck to the g-ment. Are there poor people who cannot afford? Yes, definitely. But it is not YOU, the guy posting on CS with a drybox and 5K worth of camera bodies. If you don't buy health insurance for yourself, fall sick, and then depend on government subsidies, the I'm sorry, IMO, you are stealing from the poor who really need it. You drive a car to work, affording petrol, parking and accessories like that nice rear spoiler and rims, and attend at the polyclinic? Sorry, you shouldn't be taking time from the docs or medicines from the pahrmacy meant for the bottom 25% of the population.

Where is the problem? The navel gazing, avaricious, narrow minded Singaporean, and yes, a bureaucratic, penny-pinching g-ment.

Some truth to it.... when i took my policy, my agent who is my friend asked if I have gone for a HIV test before as part of the questionaire. I said yes and it was negative. He then told me "errrr you went hah? Mmm better put as never go" I was quite surprised as evidently he was expecting me to say no I have never gone for HIV test. Seems that if you had gone for a test, the company would look unfavourably at your application as the notion is that there is something wrong with you.....

Strange right??

Your agent friend is ill-informed and has given you the WRONG advice which may compromise your policy. What you have done can be construed as fraudulent.

I not asking for FREE health care! i am asking for solutions to which i can find to, if i should find myself with cancer.

In the frist place, i wasn't able to get insurance cause of my health. I been to plenty of insurance companies and they had rejected me over and over again, even when i am ready to let them load me! I would like to have some regulations to help me to get insurance of some sorts, i, for one, do not want to EVER get so sick, but i would like to have some form of insurances, that will take some bills off my mind, so i don't have to worry about bills while trying to fight off cancer.

Cancer is not a short fight. of course, i can say I should not buy anything now and just save all my money for my imaginative cancer situation.

I had already informed my family over and over again, I only want to go to the gov't hospital. and only B2 and below, and make sure i die if i ever need to be dependent on machines.

It's okay to die without a dime to my name, but if i had to die with a mountain of debts for my family, i rather die.

I not asking for FREE health care! i am asking for solutions to which i can find to, if i should find myself with cancer.

In the frist place, i wasn't able to get insurance cause of my health. I been to plenty of insurance companies and they had rejected me over and over again, even when i am ready to let them load me! I would like to have some regulations to help me to get insurance of some sorts, i, for one, do not want to EVER get so sick, but i would like to have some form of insurances, that will take some bills off my mind, so i don't have to worry about bills while trying to fight off cancer.

Cancer is not a short fight. of course, i can say I should not buy anything now and just save all my money for my imaginative cancer situation.

I had already informed my family over and over again, I only want to go to the gov't hospital. and only B2 and below, and make sure i die if i ever need to be dependent on machines.

It's okay to die without a dime to my name, but if i had to die with a mountain of debts for my family, i rather die.

Nisa, my comments are not directed at you, and you have my sympathies for your predicament. It is one situation to be in where it can truly be scary to be living in Singapore. Perhaps if your parents or you in your youth had a little more foresight, this might have been avoided? Anyhow, water under the bridge. Go in for fully subsidised, no bells and whistles, but still very competent medical standards.

Good luck.

so much discussion but does anyone of you know how much of the budget is spent on healthcare????

without knowing how much is spent, how can one discuss whether the amount spent is appropriate......

Do a check and you will be surprised.

so much discussion but does anyone of you know how much of the budget is spent on healthcare????

without knowing how much is spent, how can one discuss whether the amount spent is appropriate......

Total expenditure is ard 4%, the lowest of any developed country in the world. The government expenditure as % of GDP is less than 1% in 2005.

Link --> http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/hcsystem.aspx?id=102

Budget
In 2005, Singapore spent about S$ 7.6 billion or 3.8% of GDP on healthcare. Out of this the Government expended S$1.8 billion or 0.9% of GDP on health services.

I have written to the press and had this published before. Very low and much room for growth, but the more pertinent question is how much bang we get for the buck.

You also? =(

I thought you were ok.

Alright, I'll just not post on anything like this again, having been gagged by the anti-party members.

Back to inane threads and photos 101. =( =( =( note: I actually post more photos than most of the members here. I must be a very free party member indeed, tsk tsk! This is the trend of Singapore, where the people who profess that they have no freedom of speech resort to pressurising means and name-calling to gag people.

\emosob

Btw, people do mass orders to Britain these days?? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

With your all-knowing, extremely defensive and argumentative stance culminating in defiant barbs when the tide is not in your favour, this thread would have seen better days with you not posting anything

According to this article, http://theonlinecitizen.com/2007/06...re-system-uniquely-singapore-f1-or-f9-part-3/

According to the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) World Health Report 2004, Singapore’s per capita government expenditure on health, at an average exchange rate, fell gradually from US$365 (S$577) in 1997 to US$274 in 2001.
The WHO Report 2005 showed that Singapore’s general government expenditure on health - as a percentage of total expenditure on health - declined gradually from 41.6 to 30.9 per cent from 1998 to 2002.
General government expenditure on health as a percentage of total government expenditure also dropped from 8.7 to 5.9 per cent for the same period.
With over three per cent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) spent on healthcare, I understand that Singapore’s healthcare spending over GDP is one of the lowest in the world.

that may say Singapore Govn. is efficient at manage healthcare sector.... or not giving much subsidies compare to other countries :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.