Len: M42 screw-mount user fall-in :B

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, i want also to collect those screw mount lens, but i dont have any adapter, do you know where can i get one here in singapore?

guys, i want also to collect those screw mount lens, but i dont have any adapter, do you know where can i get one here in singapore?
You can try PM this person whose username is PQ23 ... I bought a good M42 to Pentax K adaptor from him once ... his is the type that has no infinity-focus problems ... beware of some types selling at other online auction sites because these designs may have infinity-focus problems.

my collection ...............

czj58mm f2.0, czj 50mm f1.8, yashinon 50mm f1.4, czj 135mm f3.5, vivitar series 1 135mm f2.8, jupiter 9 .................. ;)

You can try PM this person whose username is PQ23 ... I bought a good M42 to Pentax K adaptor from him once ... his is the type that has no infinity-focus problems ... beware of some types selling at other online auction sites because these designs may have infinity-focus problems.

roughly how much is it?

@alvinsclee

Thanks.. dude..

can you give me an idea.. on how much should a screw mount lens will be..
I think theres a lot of screw lens in north brigde area ... will you suggest any good shop that sell good 2nd lens for pentax and screw mounte lens?

I think theres a lot of screw lens in north brigde area ... will you suggest any good shop that sell good 2nd lens for pentax and screw mounte lens?

I'm afraid you'd be disappointed if you look around there for screw mount lenses. They are very rare in Singapore. Mostly you'd see Canon and Nikon lenses ...

Good luck.

Hi Alvin!
I did nearly buy from him. But he has since stopped dealing at his place (which is convenient for me as its along my way home). He insists on you paying by cheque or fund transfer and he will mail the item to you. I find that too troublesome, so decided to give it a miss. But if you are selling one, let me know please. I am the first in the queue!;)

You cannot imagine how many place I went. I scoured all the shops in Chinatown point, lucky chinatown, people's park, pearl's centre, funan, sls and none had them! Only fotographix at chinatown point says he had some stock coming but his price is $45!

Mir-20 is good. Very sharp and contrasty.

My M42:
Mir-1B 37mm f2.8
Industar-50-2 f2.8
Industar 61L/Z 50mm f2.8
Helios-44M-4 58mm f2
Jupiter 9 MC 90mm f2.0
Jupiter 37A MC 135mm f3.5
Tair-11A 135mm f2.8
Jupiter-21M 200mm f4

Hi Alvin!
I did nearly buy from him. But he has since stopped dealing at his place (which is convenient for me as its along my way home). He insists on you paying by cheque or fund transfer and he will mail the item to you. I find that too troublesome, so decided to give it a miss. But if you are selling one, let me know please. I am the first in the queue!;)

You cannot imagine how many place I went. I scoured all the shops in Chinatown point, lucky chinatown, people's park, pearl's centre, funan, sls and none had them! Only fotographix at chinatown point says he had some stock coming but his price is $45!

Hi airconvent,
Actually, I find his fund transfer and mail service very convenient. I bought one M42 to Pentax K mount adaptor from him before (definitely cost less than $40, if I remember) and it worked well (no infinity-focus problems). It is now permanently fixed on my cassegrain telescope :) Don't worry, the saga you experienced with another online overseas seller won't be repeated here... PQ23's reliable service is tried and tested to my satisfaction (I also bought a number of other stuff from him... including a wireless controller, a cable remote switch and a light meter).

My M42:
Mir-1B 37mm f2.8
Industar-50-2 f2.8
Industar 61L/Z 50mm f2.8
Helios-44M-4 58mm f2
Jupiter 9 MC 90mm f2.0
Jupiter 37A MC 135mm f3.5
Tair-11A 135mm f2.8
Jupiter-21M 200mm f4

wow, you so love Russian lens! :eek:
why no CZJ?:think:

M42 lens are realy good and classic. I already got 7, and may buy more and more, there are a lot of fun using those old lens.:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
I'm going to be your love rival for M42 lenses :bsmilie: Here is a good link for the courtship manual ;) ...
http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/42mm_screw_lenses

I have a Samyang 28-70mm lens.
This is not the newer one. I think it was meant for a film camera.

I'm still waitinf for a forumer's help to confirm if its an M42 mount but it certainly looks like it. But strangely, Samyang is not mentioned in the few M42 sites mentioned. I only hope its not radioactive like some of the Tacumar lenses!

Here are images of it :

DSCF0956.jpg

DSCF0957.jpg

DSCF0958.jpg

Show us the mount of the lens we will be able to tell u whether it's screw mount or kmount etc.

I'm still waitinf for a forumer's help to confirm if its an M42 mount but it certainly looks like it. But strangely, Samyang is not mentioned in the few M42 sites mentioned. I only hope its not radioactive like some of the Tacumar lenses!

Here are images of it :

DSCF0956.jpg

DSCF0957.jpg

DSCF0958.jpg

because I drink vodka...
heh, price for these russian lens is good, optically very good and build to last older then my grandson :)

wow, you so love Russian lens! :eek:
why no CZJ?:think:

Hey airconvent,
M42 is a mount with metric thread of Major Diameter 42mm and Pitch 1mm. You can use a ruler to measure the mount to check it. However, do note that if the Major Diameter is 42mm but the Pitch is 0.75mm, then it is a T2 mount (like those normally found on camera attachment ends of telescopes and birding scopes)... incidentally, I'm also looking for T2 to M42/Pentax K adaptors to use on my Vixen 80mm APO telescope and my Vitacon SwingView 70mm birding scope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M42_lens_mount

Here are images of it :

DSCF0956.jpg

DSCF0957.jpg

DSCF0958.jpg

Samyang is a Korea optic co. I know that they have made some M42 lens for Exaktar instead Pentacon.
Most likely Samyang just use other's design, but their manufacturing quality is also good.

Show us the mount of the lens we will be able to tell u whether it's screw mount or kmount etc.

Here are pictures of the mount...

P1000563.jpg

P1000562.jpg

macrob said:
Samyang is a Korea optic co. I know that they have made some M42 lens for Exaktar instead Pentacon.
Most likely Samyang just use other's design, but their manufacturing quality is also good.

Macrob - From what I have googled, seems Samyang is the OEM for US brands such as Vivitar and Phoenex. Not sure of the quality though

Alvin : Thanks for the tip! Hope to see you get your adapter soon...Saturn has returned!

Here are pictures of the mount...

P1000563.jpg

Macrob - From what I have googled, seems Samyang is the OEM for US brands such as Vivitar and Phoenex. Not sure of the quality though

Alvin : Thanks for the tip! Hope to see you get your adapter soon...Saturn has returned!

Looks exactly like one of my zoom in Praktica PB mount. Unusual push pull design. Picture quality quite good with high contrast.

Do have a collection of M42 lenses but not really a serious user. The only serious use so far is a 30/3.5 on my Pentax DL recently, and 500 and 1000 for shooting birds.

CZJ- 20/2.8, 35, 50, 58, 80, 135, 200/2.8
Pentacon- 29, 30, 50, 135, 200, 500
Enna- 28
Schneider- 360
Russian- 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.